Thinking About Buying A 1997 Epiphone SG Junior....anybody here know about 'em?

Ratbatblues

• Members

A guy here in town is selling a Korea made 1997 Epiphone SG Junior. Has a single P90. Bolt on neck. And is in mint condition. It has a real live sound. Light weight, fun to play. I have not seen many of these for sale. Would sell it to me for $250.00. Should i bite? (im leaning towards....yes!)

• Members

Definitely not worth $250, in my opinion. I owned one of them about 5 years ago. I bought it for $75 and it wasn't worth much more than that, to be honest. It was a decent guitar, but I can think of many other guitars I would spend $250 on before I went for one of those.

Here's one on eBay that sold yesterday for $150:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG-Jr-P-90-P90-Junior-Gibson-/140510636932

• 9 years later...
  • Members

Digging up an old thread to give some accurate info. There is just too much misinformation here.

If it came with a p90 it is Maple Alder Maple sandwich. Not plywood. produced in the late 90's. They are actually great guitars and nothing like the "players pack" versions. Its a G-310 junior model.

They where produced between 97-2000. It's made at either Samick Korea or Indonesia or Cort Indonesia.

It is worth more than $100. Usually between $150-250. (That's up here in Canada) so that's $100-180 USD

Archived