Never seen wiring like this in a diagram

ten56gibby

• Members

Never really touched the wiring on this guitar before. It's my '90 Gibson LP Standard. One of the "Limited Colours" editions. The pic makes it look like some kinda sweet burst, but it's straight up amber on a plain maple top.

May drop in some good caps here soon :thu:

183902_582485374322_184100972_32794531_6

• Members
Never really touched the wiring on this guitar before. It's my '90 Gibson LP Standard. One of the "Limited Colours" editions. The pic makes it look like some kinda sweet burst, but it's straight up amber on a plain maple top.

May drop in some good caps here soon
:thu:

183902_582485374322_184100972_32794531_6

thats a beauty!

and my cap rant was not aimed at you btw, rather the guitar manufacturers pinching pennies.

• Members

I feel like I should link this just because it's been so helpful for me when wiring weird and wonderful Strats and copies.

http://www.axesrus.com/axecart.htm

At the top of that page, there's a hyperlink to a .pdf download entitled Wiring Diagrams, which is a 22 page wiring guide. I use it constantly.

And hey, that there is definitely one of the nicer Les Pauls I've ever seen! I don't think I've ever come across a bare grain finish on a LP before, which is made even sadder considering that bare grain is probably my favourite finish!

• Members

Thanks for the link, Skyforger. That's gonna be quite handy. And thanks for the compliment on my LP

That's pretty standard on many guitars

Yeah. Finding out this is "modern wiring" it hit me that this is likely the most common HH with individual v/t setup. :facepalm: Still a wiring n00b here.

Archived