New Tele Arriving Today!

Dash4814

• Members

Was digging through eBay and found a Korean Squier with a Bigsby. Looked interesting so I bid--and won!

Apparently was made in the 80s, based on the research I did on the serial.

Anyway, it's fitted with a B5, which is pretty damn cool to me.

Pics when it arrives this afternoon!

• Members

Well it got here and dammit if our Internet isn't out. Posting from a phone. :mad:

This is, hands down, the best telecaster I've ever played. In the past I've played MIA and MIM Fenders of all varieties, plus other t-styles from Squier, Peavey, and G&L. Couldn't bond. But this thing is way different.

First off, it's heavy as hell, partly, I'm sure, from the Bigsby. Feels amazingly solid. Details indicated it was ash, and while I can't corroborate that I can say it resonates amazingly well.

Neck was refitted with jumbo frets, which I really like, and appears to be one piece of maple. Plays smooth, frets are pristine, and intonation is dead on. Bigsby works as advertised and is really solid. Seems to stay in tune okay, needs a little tweak now and then if you really start to wiggle.

But the big thing is the pickups. The bridge sounds amazing, very Tele-like but with a bit more fullness. When you dig in on a clean amp you get that great twang, which made me smile the first time. With dirt it gets even better. Bridge is not muddy at all, very mellow and versatile, clean or dirty. Middle position on the switch is best of both worlds.

So I'm sold. Can't believe it took a Squier to bring me to the Tele side!

• Members

As a little aside, to show how tough these here Teles are, I caught a few seconds on TV news of a guy wading around in the trash that used to be his house that was leveled by a tornado--- and reacing down and picking up his Tele, apparently unhurt from the tornado. Wow. One tough guitar.

• Members

HNGD! I love Teles with Bigbsys (Bigsbies?)

What colour is it? Pics!

As a little aside, to show how tough these here Teles are, I caught a few seconds on TV news of a guy wading around in the trash that used to be his house that was leveled by a tornado--- and reacing down and picking up his Tele, apparently unhurt from the tornado. Wow. One tough guitar.

... it was probably still in tune... :lol:

• Members

Ugh, Internet is still out so I cant get pics uploaded :mad:

It's black with a black pearl pickguard. I am going to replace it, as I think it's ugly as sin, but I can't decide what color to replace it with. With all the shiny chrome from the Bigsby I was considering going non traditional and doing maybe a metal or mirror guard. Anyone know a good source for those?

Could also do black. White would be too plain, I think.

Archived