US Masters guitars? What do you know about them?

ashasha

• Members

Nope, I think the cheapest ones are like $800. They are very well made guitars (one of the local shops carries them), and are kind of semi-custom, since like Carvin, they offer varied options for each baseline model.

I actually used to live a couple of miles from where they are made. US Masters grew out of Regenberg Music in Middleton, WI (I lived in Middleton for a few months, before I graduated from the University of Wisconsin [Middleton is a suburb of Madison, WI]), and sometimes, I still regret, not being able to buy that '63 ES-335 off of Regenberg, that they were selling (as far as I know, the Regenberg side of things is still around, and still in its same University Avenue location).

• Members

I was asking because I just bought one....so much for thinning the herd. :facepalm:

I was at GC and saw it, picked it up and was immediately smitten. Price was very fair so I jumped on it.

It's stupid nice. Seriously well made. Very simple layout, very lightweight and put together immaculately. Pickups are surprisingly nice considering that I think that they are the bottom of the rung ones they sell.

• Members

I think they have an import line labeled Masters or something like that. The USA one are fantastic - and usually low on used value since they're a pretty well kept secret. They go for some money on eBay, but sometimes you can score a local deal bc of the smaller market.

• Members

It's a Sportster Skinny from what I can tell. It says made in US so I am assuming that it's truthful. Either way the fit and finish are great and it plays extremely well.

It looks like this except that it's got gold hardware and covered pickups and the bridge is black.

skinny-full-cherry.jpg

• Members

I think the company, and the product line, have undergone serious transformation in recent years. I have an older Strat-style guitar by US Masters, and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played. It has many thoughtful improvements to the classic Strat design, and outstanding materials and build quality. I don't know about the instruments they're turning out now, but the 90s and early 00s guitars they made are great and seriously undervalued on the used market.

• Members

It's a Sportster Skinny from what I can tell. It says made in US so I am assuming that it's truthful. Either way the fit and finish are great and it plays extremely well.

It looks like this except that it's got gold hardware and covered pickups and the bridge is black.

skinny-full-cherry.jpg

VERY nice! :thu:

• Members

I owned one for a few months before trading it on the forum here. A U.S. Masters Avada. It played great and sounded great as well. Just wasn't really my kind of style. But yeah - I've got nothing but good things to say about 'em.

I'm pretty sure that the folks that build U.S. Masters guitars are the same folks that used to build the American-made Deans back in the day.

DSCN0568.jpg

• Members

I really liked the LeGrand I had. I sold it to a forumite and he liked it as well. Back then they were expensive. Last year I noticed that they had lower prices. Now I visited their website and eBay and saw higher prices again. :confused: Maybe my memory is playing tricks?

Anyway, really nice instruments. I wouldn't mind having another one in the future.

Archived