NAD: Mesa

metal0822

• Members

I went guitar shopping this weekend since i got a big tax return. i wanted to get an old les paul custom or standard. i wound up buying a new amp though, and one i never would have expected. it covers so much ground and sounds great doing all of it. really digging this amp...might wind up selling the ac15 and traynor:eek:

anyone know anything about these? i think the tremoverbs are somewhat rare and there are a ton of controls on it too.

hmm...photobucket isnt working right now so here one just like mine, except the power light is green

DSCN0685.jpg

• Members

Those Trem-O-Verbs are interesting amps and have quite a following among Mesa enthusiasts. I almost bought one back when they first came out, but opted for the smaller (and less complicated) Rect-O-Verb instead. The TOV just seemed like waaayyy more amp than I needed at the time. I've heard that the sound possibilities from all those knobs is pretty mind-boggling. Congrats!

• Members

I went guitar shopping this weekend since i got a big tax return. i wanted to get an old les paul custom or standard. i wound up buying a new amp though, and one i never would have expected. it covers so much ground and sounds great doing all of it. really digging this amp...might wind up selling the ac15 and traynor:eek:

anyone know anything about these? i think the tremoverbs are somewhat rare and there are a ton of controls on it too.

hmm...photobucket isnt working right now so here one just like mine, except the power light is green

DSCN0685.jpg

I actually sold my T verb combo last aug, It was in my collection since I bought it new , sometime back in the 90's. I actually got a grand for it. It was in mint shape.

One of the best amps I have ever owned and may ever own.

I sold it cause in 2009 I screwed up my back and ended in physical theropy. It weighed 98 lb and not a nice 98 lbs either. My back is better.

Here's the one I had. It really never left my home studio, just because it was a ball buster

I also sold my Mesa Single Rectro, which was nice, and I still have my Mesa Nomad, which is up for sale and in cherry shape too.

I have had offers for trade, but I'm not interested in another amp and I want 900 for it. I'm willing to hold out for thr right buyer.

I still have a Fender Twin and Marshall JCM 800 2x12 combo, but as far as hauling 2x12 combs around I'm pretty much done with that.

I bought a Dr Z Maz 18 after the sale of those 2 amps. The Z is nice, but I really dug that Mesa.

Enjoy and don't bust a nut moving it

• Members

Awesome Metal - I owned one for a long while (had the head with a 2x12 cab). Like Mikeo, I've got a bad back and discovered it wasn't wise to lug those suckers around. The main reason I got rid of it though is 100 watts. It was just too loud for me. That was my first good amp, man, I miss the thump it used to give me. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours! Congrats!!

• Members

hmm photobucket is still screwed up. im thinking an attenuator could be really useful for this amp. i also just found out about the channel cloning, which is great because the vintage high gain and clean are my favorite channels.

• Members

im thinking an attenuator could be really useful for this amp.

Nah...not necessary for that amp. All your gain's coming from the cascading pre-amp stage, so you should be able to get some great high gain sounds at lower volume.

Even if you want to sweat your power tubes by cranking the master, an attenuator still kills a lot of the tonal characteristics that sweating the power tubes gives you, anyway.

I could see using one if you were dealing with a Mark I, but not with a Trem-O-Verb...there's plenty of gain on tap at reasonable volumes, and they still sound great at lower volume.

Archived