RECOMMENDATIONS on Tele NECK Pickups...

Johansolo

• Members

as the title says i need some neck pickup recommendations (or ones to stay well away from) for a partscaster tele im putting together. id like it to be a single coil

the bridge pickup is a Dimarzio ChopperT...so i guess the obvious choice is the twang king...but i wanna research more.

cheers

• Members

I've got a G&L ASAT (G&L version of the Tele) and I put a DiMarzio Area T in the neck and I really like it, I wasn't too keen on the tone of the Humbucking mode, so I just wired it for Single coil operation. I've got a Dimarzio Pre-B1 in the Bridge too and it works well in position 2 with it.

• Moderators

I'm of the opinion that Fender doesn't make very good pickups these days

Fender have a great record of making among the best if not the best Tele and Strat pickups available to mankind, that may not mean that every pickup they mke everyone will like, but I am not aware of any Fender sets that someone somwhere not only likes, but loves....and that even includes their vintage noiseless and SCNs, even tho I personally like neither.

CS54s and CS69s will do pretty much anything you can ever want from a Strat

• Members

Really?? I've never looked...but it ha crossed my mind to get one for my USA Tele....hmmm..

My Baja was BNIB, and one of the first in the UK...so nobody had the TT out of mine! :D

On a side note...has anyone here painted the cavities in their Tele's with shielding paint here? I must get round to doing it...got the paint ready... I've read that it' changes the tone however....is this true? How noticeable is it? Should I leave the Baja alone and just do my USA Tele...and maybe grab another USA Tele sometime down the line for live work?

Also...is it worth...and indeed can you get...3 saddle bridges for USA Standard Tele's? Mine's just a bog standard, bashed t {censored} '03 model...nothing special about it particularly. The Baja is without doubt, the superior guitar.

• Members
On a side note...has anyone here painted the cavities in their Tele's with shielding paint here? I must get round to doing it...got the paint ready... I've read that it' changes the tone however....is this true? How noticeable is it? Should I leave the Baja alone and just do my USA Tele...and maybe grab another USA Tele sometime down the line for live work?

It doesn't change tone as much as it removes the bzzzzzzzz. There's nothing about RF interference that's essential to tone.

• Members

It doesn't change tone as much as it removes the bzzzzzzzz. There's nothing about RF interference that's essential to tone.

I have read, more than once that it does alter the sound slightly....not just online either, I've seen it in a Magazine too. But...the hum could do with being gone. I know shielding isn't gonna get rid of it completely...but it's gonna help. Some venues it's silent anyway, but deffinitely where we practice, it's noisy as fook!

• Members

Actually, the hum remains (the errrrr), but what goes away is all that other noise. Of course it changes the sound, makes the actually tone of the pickups bigger because it takes the other crap away, and so some people will hear it differently. I don't think it's a negative change at all.

And Teles already are partially shielded anyway, thanks to all that chrome. That little bit isn't going to help it or hurt it. With that in mind, maybe you should shield the control cavity and not the pickups if you're worried.

It's odd, almost every Squier I've checked out lately has decent shielding. I can't say that about Fender as much.

• Members

Class..I'll make sure I get round to doing it then...it sounds like it can't hurt! FWIW there's 0 shielding in either my Baja or USA teles, other than the chrome....so I migth as well shield all the cavities while I'm at it. Got enough paint to easily put a couple of coats on both guitars and have a little left...for what I don't know hahaha

• Members

Rose Pickups Bourbon

viewThumb.jsp?siteId=41621509&fileID=210

ROSE BOURBON Hand Wound Made in the USA

The Rose Bourbon is an answer to muddy Telecaster neck pickups.

This came out of necessity. I hate muddy neck pickups so we came up with the all new Rose Bourbon Telecaster neck pickup. Also incorporates our new process of aging magnets by controlling gauss strength!

Gain some clarity with your Telecaster!

Good combined tones with the Rose Alba / Rose Aphrodite pickups

*All Hand Wound Rose Pickups come with a personal graph representation of your individual pickup capabilities.*

-Alnico V Hand Beveled Rod Magnets Aged

-Cotton Wrap in Black or White

-Vintage fiber bobbins

-Cloth braided lead wires

In the Box:

1 neck pickup, height adjustment screws and springs, install diagrams, and personal graph.

$29.99

• Members

well...i was pretty set on the dimarzio twang king, but today out of the blue, an opportunity to purchase a custom shop twisted tele neck pickup has presented itself to me...

pending pictures/validity of this to be emailed to me, i may jump on it.

Archived