the Apple Paradigm

techristian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Technology is technology. What people wanted was to be insulated from what makes technology, technology and that is what Steve Jobs provided to the unwashed. Yes, he gave them what they wanted, which was to use technology without any understanding of it's workings or it's true effects. Not smart people.

I also think that he and Apple developed and have foisted on the public a lot of slick stuff that they really do not need and that has affected art like music in a negative way. Sobeit, there's no undoing it now, until the next new thing comes along.

Let the flaming begin.

• Members

I also think that he and Apple developed and have foisted on the public a lot of slick stuff that they really do not need and that has affected art like music in a negative way. Sobeit, there's no undoing it now, until the next new thing comes along.

Let the flaming begin.

I agree with this. However, ask most people who own an iPad or iPhone and they`ll tell you they don`t know how they lived without those devices. For the record, I don`t own either device, maybe thats why I agree with you. :lol:

• Members

Not smart people.

Let the flaming begin.

So not being bothered about all the techy stuff means you're not smart?

How about it means you have more time to do other things with your brain than fiddle around with driver settings, etc. for fractional cost savings?

Because that would seem smart to me. Get rid of all those geekish barriers to actually facilitate, y'know, just making music or whatever.

• Members

For desktop publishing, the Mac is it. Period. Anyone who does desktop publishing, regardless of what they use in their personal life, uses a Mac and an Apple display. The main reason as I understand it is that the Mac gets the colors right - sort of the Pantone of computers. The variety of monitors and graphics cards with PCs are a huge can of worms.

The big picture with Apple is integration. Desktop publishing is only one example of it. Integration means anyone can get things to work without being... you.

Media handling and sync are newer examples. Sync, for example, between a computer, mobile devices, media library, and now a cloud, mean you can do these things relatively painlessly.

Archived