Silvertone Fastback (Wolfgang copy)

MorganB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These are up too 130.now on Amazon. If anyone knows if any stores have any Amber or Red ones left please post. Actually I put a Dimarzio in and coil splitter (if I knew how much I would end up liking the guitar I would have taken 2 secs

's to drill a little cleaner mini splitter switch hole instead of of 1 !) and keep tuned to G ...would like to pick up another for standard tuning would like see if there are other colors left before I go for another blue. Great necks on these and the neck joint is an improvement from the OLP's and the Mahogany body (dark solid wood it looks like) is better sounding than Basswood and I Like the sound and ease of string change of vintage trems better than Floyds.The Fret ends are a little sharp and could have used a file to smooth already! otherwise it is straight as any good neck and Playable and is Gibson scale (it felt like the OLPS were short scale too though they published 25.5). Looks like Musicman are stopping the copies and want to charge 500+ for the import bolt guitar and 1500 for a US if you want a vintage trem ,and Fender 1200 for the import but that does have MUCH better hardware and electronics... can't blame them.

sf.jpg

Archived