Thinking of selling it all and grabbing an M13

danielkn

• Members

So I think I'm tired of individual pedals. It takes so much thought and consideration into which ones are right for me, and then my taste changes a bit or I'm put in a situation where I need different sounds. I suppose an M13 would work for me.

-nevermind (spam content removed!)-

By the way, how are the dirts in the M13? If the tube screamer is good enough, I can probably get rid of my byoc screamer and bluesbreaker for 50 bucks a piece too.

Right now I'm using

Digitech EX-7 > Lovepedal Karl (handwired) > Ts808(byoc) > Bluesbreaker (byoc) > GE-7 > DD-7 > Nova Modulator > Malekko Chicklet

I'd probably find fun in leslie sims (the one in the EX-7 is alright - hoping the m13 is better) and multiple delays. I'm bored of spring reverb and kinda want some bigass hall 'verbs. The modulator is cool and sounds great, but there are way to many knobs (although I'm not sure if the m13 modulations are any better) and it's so hard to throw around presets.

So I'm pretty sure the 13 would work for me.

Hmm...

• Members

Keep the EX 7 and put it before the M13 (if you get one). It makes a perfect addition. The Leslie/Vib on the Ex and the wahs and Whammy work well with the M13. You won't have to lose slots on the M13 and you'll have an on/off switch for those effects that doesn't take stepping on a separate switch like you have to with the M13.

I have no issues with the dirt on the M13, but it took some tweaking. In the bedroom you'll notice - live you won't notice any difference in how the dirts sound and feel.

• Members

How're the vibes and leslies in the m13 compared to the m13?

I'm into a lot of Hendrix lately for some reason, so I'm probably gonna be using a lotta vibe. I could never dial in any vibe sounds on my modulator (I'm just not smart enough).

So I'm guessing it's a better idea to just buy the m13 first before selling all my stuff? Then figuring out if it works for me or not? :)

• Members

I sold all my stuff except the dirt for the M13. Does it sound as good as my individual effects? No way...I had a Murf, deluxe electric mistress, DMM, blue sky reverb, etc. But live, no one really notices and because of the amount off effects and the routing options, it was an easy choice. It took me a bit to dial in my sounds, but I'm very pleased. I still use my dirt pedals, the line6 dirt just doesn't do it for me, save for a few special instances.

• Members

How're the vibes and leslies in the m13 compared to the m13?

I assume you mean between the M13 and EX7?

The EX7 sounds much better to my ears for those effects. When you use the vib/Leslie in the EX7 you can control it with your foot. You can with the M13 too but you need the additional expression pedal (which you might get for free if you buy a new M13). It's a pain because you have to assign parameters and if you assign anything else in that scene it will also be effected when you use the expression pedal. It's much easier using the EX7 for the effects I mentioned before: wah, Whammy, Leslie, and vib.

Give yourself plenty of time with the M13. It's a great unit and will unfold the longer you have it and tweak it.

• Members

not really going to comment on the prices but i would keep all your dirt and fuzz pedals, the line 6 distortions and fuzzes are pretty bad. the effects and delays are great though.

This. +1

Also, the Leslie sims are decent (better than what I heard on demos- but not in person- of the Hardwire pedal) but they still didn't really "do it" for me.

If you have a favorite analog distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal or two - KEEP THEM. The Line 6 stuff has a long, long, long, long, long way to go in that area. Don't be-leev-da-hype!

• Members

You've got some nice pedals, I would keep them. I think you have the idea that a multi-effects pedal (M13 or otherwise) is a simple-to-use piece of equipment because it's housed in a single unit. Typically I have found that same situation to be just the opposite. There are so many options available inside of an MFX that I find it easier to use independent pedals on a board.

Archived