Street price of Tom Delonge Strat?

davie

• Moderators

Hey guys,

I found a used Tom Delonge Fender Strat (black - MIM) for sale.

I'm considering buying it, but have no idea on the price.

So how much is the street price for it, when in good condition?

And how much would it be if it "has a couple nicks and dings and a crack on the lower back of the guitar" ?

Here's a pic of it showing the crack.

3k73o43pa5O05Z05U5b4r6b5510f40f3c194e.jp

• Members

Who are these collectible to? I'm not bashing Blink 182, they were actually a guilty pleasure for awhile, but I don't get how anyone is paying for more than the originla sticker prices for these things. I'm sure they sold quite a bit.

• Moderators

Thanks guys for the input.

I know its likely a good quality guitar. I'm mainly looking for a hardtail strat that I can customize (pickguard, pickups, etc.).

So how much should I offer this guy? $300? $300 to 400?

But I do know that MIM standard strats/tele sell on CL for around $300 to 400. (in good condition)

• Moderators

I saw that one up on Kijiji as well. With that crack, I'd pass. I sold a very good condition surf green one for 500 w/ case.

Yeah I know. My friend also said that I should pass on it. I was thinking maybe I can repair the crack, but obviously, that's extra time/money for the repair job.

And I don't know how's the rest of the guitar. The guy mentions a "couple nicks and dings". But if there's something wrong with the neck then that's definitely a no-go.

Maybe a $300 offer? Take it or leave it.

• Members

I actually traded my last black one off for both a Fender MIJ Jaguar and an Epiphone Custom Shop SG..... a lot of people like these that never even listened to blink.... I used the black one in several metal bands, a brutal sounding guitar with a very nice neck.

Yeah I would pass on that one bro, you can find them in better shape used for $450-$500.... locally these sell easy at $400-$500 in good condition, but for some reason sell for much more on ebay, I remember even seeing a few SELL (not just listed) for almost 1k but on average a nice condition one can sell for $700 or so. I have actually owned 2x seafoam green ones, 1x graffiti yellow and 2x black, and I would have to say that black and yellow sell for slightly more since the seafoam green was the most purchased color so the market is more flooded with them. a great guitar that a lot of people avoided since it said Tom Delonge on the neck plate. I would gladly buy another.

• Moderators

I actually traded my last black one off for both a Fender MIJ Jaguar and an Epiphone Custom Shop SG..... a lot of people like these that never even listened to blink.... I used the black one in several metal bands, a brutal sounding guitar with a very nice neck.

Yeah I would pass on that one bro, you can find them in better shape used for $450-$500.... locally these sell easy at $400-$500 in good condition, but for some reason sell for much more on ebay, I remember even seeing a few SELL (not just listed) for almost 1k but on average a nice condition one can sell for $700 or so. I have actually owned 2x seafoam green ones, 1x graffiti yellow and 2x black, and I would have to say that black and yellow sell for slightly more since the seafoam green was the most purchased color so the market is more flooded with them. a great guitar that a lot of people avoided since it said Tom Delonge on the neck plate. I would gladly buy another.

Do you think it would be okay to offer the guy $300 for it then?

If it ends up sucking then I can always part the neck and pickup for sale on ebay, which would make at least $200.

Also, I might try to repair the crack/chip.

I use to listen to Blink when I was in high school (Enema album), but I would care less if it has his name on it or not. I intend to modify it anyway.

• Members

Do you think it would be okay to offer the guy $300 for it then?

If it ends up sucking then I can always part the neck and pickup for sale on ebay, which would make at least $200.

Also, I might try to repair the crack/chip.

I use to listen to Blink when I was in high school (Enema album), but I would care less if it has his name on it or not. I intend to modify it anyway.

yeah I would offer $300, this is actually one of the few guitars that I had kept for more than just a month lol although mine were always in tip top condition, I have basically always had one for the last 6 years. You will like it man, great feeling guitar with nice hardware and a nice neck... it is actually a deluxe series fender. If you were to repair that chip I would say just strip the poly off and finish it natural :)

Archived