Show us a pic of a mint green p/g that nails it (the color )

Jkater

• Members

I think this photo captures the color of a mint green pickguard pretty well. It helps that the pickup covers and knobs are cream, for contrast. Most photos make a mint green guard look more white than it looks in person.

IMG_0161.jpg

• Members

Problem is there is no 'right' color...Ive seen really dark green nitrate guards from the 60s and Ive seen bright white ones that never turned.

That being said Fender guards look great as does the guard from my Squier CVC (even though I use a black one now)

• Members

Problem is there is no 'right' color...Ive seen really dark green nitrate guards from the 60s and Ive seen bright white ones that never turned.

That being said Fender guards look great as does the guard from my Squier CVC (even though I use a black one now)

True, "real" ones are all over the map as far as color goes. The modern mint guards tend to be pretty close to each other in color with some slight variations, but I think the photo I posted gets close to what the repro guards look like in person. For contrast, here's my 1965 Jaguar with the original guard and it doesn't look much like the color of the repro ones.

IMG_1927.jpg

• Members

True, "real" ones are all over the map as far as color goes. The modern mint guards tend to be pretty close to each other in color with some slight variations, but I think the photo I posted gets close to what the repro guards look like in person. For contrast, here's my 1965 Jaguar with the original guard and it doesn't look much like the color of the repro ones.

IMG_1927.jpg

Damn that guitar :love:

Archived