Question to all forumites regarding ordering from an online retailer

BIGD

• Members

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. It's ugly for sure but at certain price points you really shouldn't expect more. I wouldn't be overly happy about it but would understand at the price point I'm paying some things are going to be crappy. If it affects playability or is above a certain price point then it's different. OMMV.

If I could feed the strings through the guitar, I wouldn't care how ugly it was underneath.

• Members

In much less time then this thread has taken, that can be very easily corrected.

If it were $1000 and up guitar, I'd return it. If it's on a $200 red light special, I'd just fix it and wouldn't buy from that company again. If I felt so pissed about it, I'd probably start a thread warning others about my experience with xxxx company. One thing for sure though, Id invest my time on the solution, instead of wasting it on the problem.

• Members

In much less time then this thread has taken, that can be
very easily
corrected.

If it were $1000 and up guitar, I'd return it. If it's on a $200 red light special, I'd just fix it and wouldn't buy from that company again. If I felt so pissed about it, I'd probably start a thread warning others about my experience with xxxx company. One thing for sure though, Id invest my time on the solution, instead of whining about the problem.

Do you not think what I explained constitutes a guitar with a signifcant playabilty issue?

As for the whole "whining" thing, do you think I should be drilling holes in my guitar at my desk at work? It's pretty obvious that I will start a thread warning others about this company if they don't do the right thing, but I actually tend to give people the benefit of the doubt before I go into attack mode. You don't seem to be quite that nice. There are other threads for you to read if you don't find this one entertaining.

I'm also not keen to taking a drill to the top of a guitar that has already been {censored}ed up and drilling bigger holes in it, but I'll probably end up doing that either way.

• Members

Do you not think what I explained constitutes a guitar with a signifcant playabilty issue?

As for the whole "whining" thing, do you think I should be drilling holes in my guitar at my desk at work? It's pretty obvious that I will start a thread warning others about this company if they don't do the right thing, but I actually tend to give people the benefit of the doubt before I go into attack mode. You don't seem to be quite that nice.

I'm also not keen to taking a drill to the top of a guitar that has already been {censored}ed up and drilling bigger holes in it, but I'll probably end up doing that either way.

You're right, I'm not as nice.

:lol:

I wouldn't suggest doing it a work but 10 minutes on a drill press would make that better than new. If you're careful, even a hand drill would do. If you enjoy the guitar, its more than worth the quick fix.

Anyway, hope it works out for you.

EDIT: I just saw what guitar it was. What did you expect? It's just a GFS pos.

• Members

If I could feed the strings through the guitar, I wouldn't care how ugly it was underneath.

Fair enough, you might have posted it earlier in thread and I didn't catch that part. When at work I can easily miss some of the posts as I try not to spend too much time browsing forums. A few minutes here and there when I get a break.

As it appears to affect usability then hell yeah I'm in your corner.

• Members

You're right, I'm not as nice.

:lol:

I wouldn't suggest doing it a work but 10 minutes on a drill press would make that better than new. If you're careful, even a hand drill would do. If you enjoy the guitar, its more than worth the quick fix.

Anyway, hope it works out for you.

I think he has a situation that opening up the hole a little by drilling isn't going to fix the situation. The gouging was done in the first place to get the strings through the bridge because the holes through the body are drilled way off center of the holes on the bridge.

The only way to get the strings through the bridge holes is with the bridge lifted and most likely how the original strings were installed in the first place.

• Members

EDIT: I just saw what guitar it was. What did you expect?

I don't think his expectations were/are out of whack. I have bought blemished from them and did not have any playability/usability issues. It wasn't exactly pretty but that's what I expected for the price. Any guitar, even the cheapest of imports, should not exhibit a problem similar to the one he describes. He is also doing the right thing in waiting until he has a resolution before trying to fix it. Drill into that mother before an agreement is in place and the problem is no longer the resellers.

• Members

I don't think his expectations were/are out of whack. I have bought blemished from them and did not have any playability/usability issues. It wasn't exactly pretty but that's what I expected for the price. Any guitar, even the cheapest of imports, should not exhibit a problem similar to the one he describes. He is also doing the right thing in waiting until he has a resolution before trying to fix it. Drill into that mother before an agreement is in place and the problem is no longer the resellers.

Yeah. Looking at it that way, it might not be such an easy fix after all and of course, drilling would give them a reason not to back up their problem.

Anyway, looks like they came through for the OP so it has a happy ending after all.

Archived