What's the deal with PayPal?

A. Einstein

• Members

paypal is a bit behind the times. It can take three to four business days for a bank transfer to complete, but you can do it... if you're not in a hurry. I have a paypal debit card and keep a small balance in paypal, while sending the bulk to my bank.

To transfer funds hover your mouse near the top on a link called "Withdraw" and select "Transfer to Bank Account" from the dropdown menu. If they haven

• Members

When you say you "transferred" the money, why didn't you just "send" the money. If you have a balance in your PayPal and you Pay someone via paypal (selecting one of the non business modes in the "What's it for" pulldown instead of merchandise to avoid fees) they get the money in their account IMMEDIATELY. Now if they want cash to their bank, they need to transfer it, just like you do when you want to withdraw, but they could also have a PayPal debt card which works nicely as well, but that is there problem. If they will accept getting paid via paypal, then the "transfer" or essentially "Sending them funds" should be instant.

• Members

That's what happen:

- My production partner openend a PayPal account.

- I transferred from my PayPal account to his PayPal account money in the usual way, using his email address.

- He wanted to wire transfer this money to his bank account.

This two messages appered:

The amount you are trying to withdraw is greater than your withdrawal limit. Please link and confirm a debit or credit card to lift this limit.

You are limited to withdrawing $0.00 USD per month, if you have not completed your enrollment in PayPal's Expanded Use Program. Lift this limit

He has no clue if the wire transfer was done, or not.

• Members

I recently received an email from PayPal regarding my account. I was told from now any monies you receive will be held for up to 30 days. After review it will be released.

Keep in mind I have a 100% feedback rating with over 93 transactions, many of them as a seller. I've always shipped next day when instant payment was received.

I was quite upset at their attitude and an extended phone call conversation with a rep did nothing to calm me down.

PayPal has become arrogant and controlling beyond what is acceptable. If you go to their forum you will find many people experiencing what I've gone through.

Business is having even more difficulty with PayPal.

Do a search on PayPal and you'll find a site with complaints from many people over PayPal's new rules.

Good luck and one piece of advice. Get out while you can, and find another way of paying your employees.

• Members

I've never seen that message, but I've had a paypal account for a long time. I think you can solve many problems by "Verifying" an account. Each person verifies their own account. See the following link for info on verification process.

While I'm not here to change your mind, I agree with Beck. I have used PayPal almost exclusively for 10+ years. I started with eBay in 1999.

It's pretty straight forward... PayPal has no desire to be part of anyone's Money Laundry scheme. I'm not saying you are Launding Money, but what you described is how it's done if you were. "Send" money to someone who immediately transfers it out to a bank where they then withdraw it has cash. The next step would be to close the account. Poof Clean money. It can still be done with a verified account, but there is a waiting period and more tracking.

No, Paypal is not the answer to all our wowes, but for my money there isn't a better option yet. I refuse to use any service that requires me to enter a credit card number for a transaction, and I generally don't make purchases unless they accept paypal. I'll just find a vendor who does. While the fees seem high, they are actually lower than most other online transaction methods. I can even do POS transactions via paypal when I'm at events.

Your mileage may vary, but you really can't blame a company that operates exactly has they say they are going to operate in their documentation. Well, you can... but seriously... why are you using paypal for payroll anyway? (that sounded harsh, it wasn't meant to be... just curius).

• Members

It's pretty straight forward... PayPal has no desire to be part of anyone's Money Laundry scheme. I'm not saying you are Launding Money, but what you described is how it's done if you were. "Send" money to someone who immediately transfers it out to a bank where they then withdraw it has cash. The next step would be to close the account. Poof Clean money. It can still be done with a verified account, but there is a waiting period and more tracking.

:D

Only Americans, Germans, Italians amd the Popocat

• Members

He has no clue if the wire transfer was done, or not.

He has to do what the instructions say. You need a verified account to deal with large sums (basically anything over a couple hundred bucks.) You plug in your checking account and routing numbers, then Paypal makes two micro deposits into that account (of a few cents each time.) Then you enter those two values into Paypal, and presto, you are verified.

Paypal is easy once you set it up, but it can be slow, and they also take a big cut of the money you move. Depending on the value, sometimes it's better to just do a wire transfer from your bank to his, or god forbid, just send a check.

• Members

Paypal is easy once you set it up, but it can be slow, and they also take a big cut of the money you move. Depending on the value, sometimes it's better to just do a wire transfer from your bank to his, or god forbid, just send a check.

Wire transfer is only free when I make online banking, ot physically type the whole text into some stupid automats. But I am an old fashioned chap, I don't make online banking with my swiss account, some time I must make a walk to the city and visit my cash, or soon fall of the chair dead by a stroke.

Archived