So....my wife wants to buy me a Warlock guitar....

y2kgtp

• Members

Do it. They're fun and look wicked. I have a Warlock NJ Deluxe, and although I mostly play an LP (and a couple other goodies) it's fun to pull the Warlock out and hammer some hard stuff on that pointy beast! Or even some clean stuff. I originally headed for a two hundred dollar used Warbeast Trace, just for the fun of it, and ended up with the NJ Deluxe (a long story that ended in my favor!). It's easy to play and a well built guitar. And fun! I just wouldn't show up at a Country gig with it.....8)

Steve

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Get this one
:love:

Pro-X-Warlock-PXWS.jpg

But also this:

Pro-X-Mockingbird-Hardtail-PXMHS.jpg

I think there can't be a guitar that doesn't look awesome with that color combination.

No wonder why a LTD ESP EC-1000 in vintage black is my ultimate GAS.

• Members

The one time I saw Lita Ford playing one of these pointy BC Rich guitars she was supporting Rainbow, and the guitar tech had left it out of tune so she was dire. Tell the wife that Lita likes strats....

... or at least strat players - Rainbow weren't much better with frequent interludes with Mr Blackmore noodling classical stuff on his strat - cue boos from crowd.

• Members

The one time I saw Lita Ford playing one of these pointy BC Rich guitars she was supporting Rainbow, and the guitar tech had left it out of tune so she was dire. Tell the wife that Lita likes strats....

... or at least strat players - Rainbow weren't much better with frequent interludes with Mr Blackmore noodling classical stuff on his strat - cue boos from crowd.

You have said much that I find fault with. lol

• Members

Funny enough, my wife surprised me with a Warlock for X-mas several years ago. It's a Bronze series, so it is a cheaper model, but it still smokes and it's a fun guitar to have around the house! Go for that black one a few posts above and don't look back, especially if she is encouraging you to buy another guitar. Maybe this will lead to her encouraging you to buy something you really like!

• Members

BC Rich makes a quality guitar. Their higher end imports smoke most other brands stuff in the same range.

you should see if you can get an old US one, they can be had for a pretty good price usually.

as far as designs go, sure BC Rich has some questionable ones, but hey, they are still making a go of new ideas, rather than pushing the same models for 50/60 years like some other lame brands. They have made enough badass stuff (Warlock, Mockingbird, Wave, Ironbird) that I don't feel offended by the odd ugly one. Gibson puts out uglier {censored} for their guitar of the month.

Reverse V? Reverse Explorer? that stupid new Firebird? WTF is wrong with those people? :D

• Members

or you could grow some balls and buy what you want instead of doing what your wife tells you to do

i think most BC Rich designs are hideous, but i've always had a thing for Mockingbirds

Spoken like an unmarried 20 sumthin... :rolleyes:

• Members

Spoken like an unmarried 20 sumthin...
:rolleyes:

Well yes :p

But as a guitarist who probably has about 30 guitars you think you want to buy lined up in order of preference (i think it's fair to assume most HCEG-ers are terminally afflicted with GAS), why the hell would you listen to someone telling you to buy something you don't want!!? No offence to wives. Same goes for anyone.

• Members

Well yes
:p
But as a guitarist who probably has about 30 guitars you think you want to buy lined up in order of preference (i think it's fair to assume most HCEG-ers are terminally afflicted with GAS), why the hell would you listen to someone telling you to buy something you don't want!!? No offence to wives. Same goes for anyone.

Get married, grow up a little, then we'll talk about ways to keep the domestic tranquility going.. Second thought, you might want to stay single until that whole "GAS" thing wears off a bit. It ain't gonna fly once a woman gets involved. Once buying a guitar becomes her idea, you jump at it and enjoy it while you can.

• Members

Well yes
:p

Which part of "wife wants to buy me a. . . . " did you not understand?

He's not the one buying it, she is.

• Members

Tread lightly old man. How do you think SWMBO is going to react when her prized gift ends up only hanging on the wall? Better to be gently honest now, only having to hopefully endure her disappointment, rather than later having to deal with her wrath.

Oh this is an EASY one

• Members

Get married, grow up a little, then we'll talk about ways to keep the domestic tranquility going.. Second thought, you might want to stay single until that whole "GAS" thing wears off a bit. It ain't gonna fly once a woman gets involved. Once buying a guitar becomes her idea, you jump at it and enjoy it while you can.

This ^^. If you want a happy marriage, you don't go dropping hundreds or thousands on amps and guitars whenever your fancy is tickled.

• Members

. Second thought, you might want to stay single until that whole "GAS" thing wears off a bit. It ain't gonna fly once a woman gets involved.

Not everyone is sleeping with YOUR wife. Some of us have much, much, much cooler women. My entire living room is a recording studio, and every wall in my condo is adorned with guitars. Never given me trouble about buying gear, instead she encourages it.

Might wanna keep that in mind before pretending to dispense universal wisdom that ain't quite universal.

As for the OP who's wife played a Warlock bass in her teen years, is her name Joy? If so, I assuredly dated her.

Archived