Painting a guitar this weekend. Stuck with the color scheme.

Dirty South Al

• Members

update, go to posts 42&44 to see some test colors I shot.

Guitar is ready to paint. It's primered and ready to go.The guitar is a singlecut flat top style.

Only problem is I am stuck with the color scheme. :confused:

I am a huge lover of the newer Cameros and I love the blue & white ones alot. So I am doing this guitar with a copy of the racing stripes of the new Camero. Colors I choose for this is Pelham Blue & White

So here's my dilima. Should I go with the main body being Pelham Blue and the stripes White or the body White and the stripes Pelham Blue? I love them both equally and ultimately I will make a twin with the other scheme but for now. Which one first? This is not a customer guitar but for me. So I am stuck. What would you want for yourself? I am painting tonight so the color with the most votes is how I am doing it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55310&stc=1&

2010_Camaro_Factory_Rally_Install10.jpg

• Members

The car looks better Whiite with blue but I think the guitar will look better Pelham Blue and the stripes White. Pelham Blue is a much lighter blue than the car.

True Pelham blue is lighter but I am considering adding some flakes so that might darken it a little. Decisions decisions. I have another guitar that is getting the full Pelham blue treatment tonight for a local guy. That one is another singlecut guitar but not a neck thru but with a Koa bolt on neck in natural.

• Members

Then I will mark you as white with blue stripes.
:p:wave:

I don't like red. Cars, clothing or guitars in red freaks me out a bit. I have even turned away refinishing guitars for others because they wanted red.

:D

My 2007 Ford Ranger is...red...:o

• Members

Then I will mark you as white with blue stripes.
:p:wave:

I don't like red. Cars, clothing or guitars in red freaks me out a bit. I have even turned away refinishing guitars for others because they wanted red.

Hot Rod Red I love this guitar and I have never liked red guitars. Go figure.

Picture-2.jpg

• Members

you and I agree on what makes for a fun evening...
:thu:

Yeah, I really enjoy spraying but it looks like it's going to be tomorrow.

Scattered T-Storms

Sunset: 7:54 PM

Wind: S 8mph

Humidity: 88%

Precipitation: 60%

Humidity & Precipitation is a little too high tonight I for a good job. :cry: I have other projects tonight to work on but I was ready to get my spray on.

Oh, voting continues until tomorrow but me thinks it's white with blue stripes. Either way, I know that I am going to dig this guitar.

• Members

How much work you want to put into it? Blue with white stripes will be far easier. Less masking and less chance of the 2nd color sneaking past the tape and paper. Shoot the white on the whole guitar. Tape off the stripes and shoot the blue. The white under the blue will also make the blue really pop.

Archived