Does $650 sound like a good deal for a 08' LP Studio in Fireburst?

hardtdc

• Members

Not the most flattering pics (looks like it could have been wiped down a little before taking the pic :rolleyes:), but I had the same Studio for awhile; excellent guitar and IMO the nicest finish (fireburst/gold hw).

Hit it HARD!

• Members

Yeah, it sounds good to me. I just bought one new and even with a "favored customer discount" it still cost me around $1150, so $500 below that? - I'd say grab it as long as it's in reasonable condition.

Oh, and within 4 days of receiving mine, my stepson fumbled a GFS Fast Fret dropping it on top of the guitar dinging the finish. I'm still in mourning over that. I'd wanted a Fireburst LP for years, picked it out of a gallery line up based on color and weight, and had plans on putting my best set of pickups in it. Now I can't look at it without being over-come by inconsolable grief. :cry:

:lol:

Just think how much anxiety you'll be saving yourself when one of your relatives/friends who can't handle their booze dings your used LP. ;) Not to mention the extra $500 :thu:

P.S.

Here's a pic of mine prior to the "dinging".

104710351-body-l.jpg

• Members

The Fireburst is a good price. Check it out - if it's a legit Gibson and you like it, buy it.

For the hijacker :lol: I've heard that if the repair is pro-quality, it'll be just fine. Otherwise, a little patience can get you a new one for between $600-$700. I've heard of Studios (especially black ones) going for cheaper, so maybe it's worth it to wait on that one

Archived