Anybody got a picture of the Pelham Blue Epiphone Ltd Ed. Wilshire Pro you can share?

GAS Man

• Members

I just ordered one today from MF's SDOTD

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/

for $249.

But I'd like to see a real photo since a lot of their webshots are VERY misleading to actual color tones.

Seeing a pic like this through google makes me concerned that there might not be any "Pelham" about this blue.

$(KGrHqYOKjIE0eGNUfzRBNYJMKZoE!~~_35.JPG

Another forumite in the "Great Deals" thread said that his recollection from seeing them in a GC is that MF's depiction is fairly accurate.

DV016_Jpg_Large_423558.029_pelham_blue.j

but I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if anyone has 'em.

Or any other thoughts on this model.

Gracias and Arigato, oh and thanks too.

• Members

I just ordered one today from MF's SDOTD

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/

for $249.

But I'd like to see a real photo since a lot of their webshots are VERY misleading to actual color tones.

Seeing a pic like this through google makes me concerned that there might not be any "Pelham" about this blue.

Another forumite in the "Great Deals" thread said that his recollection from seeing them in a GC is that MF's depiction is fairly accurate.

DV016_Jpg_Large_423558.029_pelham_blue.j

but I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if anyone has 'em.

Or any other thoughts on this model.

Gracias and Arigato, oh and thanks too.

Well, here it is, mine arrived.

Cherylsgraduation017.jpg

Here's the anonymous internet pic again

and more of mine

Cherylsgraduation018.jpg

Cherylsgraduation016.jpg

thought I'd come back and wrap up this thread.

Now the web depiction, the random 1 picture I was able to find on the internet, and a few shots I took tonight in poor lighting :rolleyes: compare fairly close.

For those future wanderers who may want to find the "Wilshire Pelham Blue".

So I'd say that only in flooding light would it be as light as the Pelham Blue depicted on the store webshots, but OTOH, it's also not as dark as the internet pic I found unless shot in dimmer lighting.

I hope to add some taken in sun light soon, but since you're most likely playing them indoors, the shots above will give you a good idea.

My wife wishes I could have gotten the green one. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought one a few hours ago...

:facepalm:

I'll be curious to here what you think of yours when it arrives. I'm happy with mine for the price and I did call them up this morning and get the $50 credit back (from their $249 SDOTD pricing two weeks ago) but at first they tried to deny me the refund and were only willing to give a $30 "credit". :mad:. Anyway, after I resorted to some direct language we got that resolved.

but back to the guitar, I found mine to have less cosmetic flaws than its Indonesian made brother, the Worn '66 Wilshire, but I prefer the tone of their mini-hums; however, I think this MIC Ltd Pro Wilshire has potential. The pickups sound pretty good split and can be amp dialed in, but I'm now perusing after-market upgrades which is something I suspected I'd be doing.

I guess the only other thing of some concern was the pots seem a little flimsy. Very little turning resistance and not as solid feeling as I'm used to (i.e a bit wiggling feeling when the push/pulls are pulled out). But since I baby my gits, I imagine they'll survive fine in the herd.

• Members

P.S.

Here's a couple more pics I took later. I kept trying to get more light on it to see if I could make the color bleed out to more like the Pelham Blue depicted in their webshot.

Cherylsgraduation019.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

The webshot color depictions also weren't very accurate on the Worn '66 Aged Cherry either

IMG_0022-Copy.jpg

IMG_0024-Copy.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_581888.862_aged_cherry.j

And yes, that is the same color, i.e. "aged cherry". The "worn cherry" is even a darker red in actuality than the one I received.

Disappointing at first, but then I'm able to get over it.

The key is just to only look at your MF webshot guitars outside under direct sunshine at high noon. ;)

But personally, I really like the feel and appearance of these guitar designs.

• Members

Thanks for all the pics!

Yeah, if I keep it, I doubt it will remain stock for too long, especially in the pot/switch area. I've got lots of that stuff collecting dust at the moment, so it might as well get some use! I'll give the pickups a fair shake, but I've got others that I can swap in as well, to include P-Rails and Armstrong P-90's...

• Members

Thanks for all the pics!

Yeah, if I keep it, I doubt it will remain stock for too long, especially in the pot/switch area. I've got lots of that stuff collecting dust at the moment, so it might as well get some use! I'll give the pickups a fair shake, but I've got others that I can swap in as well, to include P-Rails and Armstrong P-90's...

I've considered the GFS Retrotrons, Surf 90s, and DiMarzio PAF 36th's and the EJ Custom. But I'm wanting to come up with some pickups that will retain the vintage character, but yet still have enough umph to perform well in the coil split mode. But the hunt is part of the hobby. ;)_

• Members

Anyone know if this fits in an SG case?

I think it would fit but would be a bit loose. The body is a bit smaller on these than an SG.

Personally I'd just go with a nice thick but tight zipping gig bag. Those Musicians Gear gigbags that MF used to sell would be excellent for one of these.

musicians-gear-elite-seriesbass-gig-bag-

Or the older style Gibson gigbag would be even better, but most folks aren't happy with the price on these.

DV016_Jpg_Large_547963_front.jpg

But I'll try out some hard cases for you when I get home tonight.

• Members

Anyone know if this fits in an SG case?

They'll fit in a rectangular Strat case, at least my white one did.

I bought the white one last year on the SDOTD for $179.99 if I remember correctly. Nice guitar, but never bonded with it. The finish around the neck joint cracked within a couple months. It didn't hurt anything but it still bothered me, so I Emailed MF about it (even included photos) and they blew me off. The guitar had only been (carefully) played a couple times, then spent the next few months in a case before I sold it on CL for what I paid for it.

Archived