New Gibson 50th Anniversary SG 12 String Day (NSG12D) & Yes, it's neck heavey

GAS Man

• Members

Sweet score Gas'r, but c'mon janglier than a Rick 360???

Big congrats, and I can't wait to see what you get next week.:poke:

Thanks.

Yeah, I expected more jangle out of the Ricky than it delivers.

But, remember when we were kids and we'd cut off and collect box tops and then send them in for a free toy. We'd wait about a year and a half in kid time (about 30 to 40 days) and then right about the time you had quit watching for it to arrive and had forgotten about it; it would finally show up? Even though the content was usually somewhat disappointing compared to the cereal box's depiction, it still didn't get much better than that (except of course for birthdays and Christmas).

So ordering {censored} I don't need I think is still the box top cutting kid in me. :lol:

But I need to keep it smaller or I'll have to move out of my house.

My last purchase arriving next week as you say - are 3 of these (take a AMS New Deal of the Day, have Zzounds beat the price, you end up with it at around $23.96 instead of the regular price of $39.95)

36075G.jpg

I actually bought 3 of those :freak: at that price for just

But at least that way (even if they are just glorified plastic boxes with some cheap wiring included ) I figure I've got some of my Christmas shopping out of the way AND! something to open from the mail! ;)

I just can't figure out yet if I bought a neat way to organize and pick up pedals OR more clutter for all 3 of us. :lol:

• Members

Gas Man you're very dangerous. I almost went home with that beast. Balanced alright on the leg, a bit forward heavy definitely. Great chime, very clearly defined tones. Neck was a bit fat on the back for me, but felt wide enough to play both leads and chordal work without any difficulty. Exceedingly resonant. I liked it a bit too much. The shop I go to has excellent prices. $1269. $200 cheaper than Musicians Friend. Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Not affiliated, just want someone else to get it before I do. Compared to a standard I tried, it was a bit more dimensional in tone. Very well done paint job. Cherry like yours. Couldn't find anything to bash on it really.

• Members

Gas Man you're very dangerous. I almost went home with that beast. Balanced alright on the leg, a bit forward heavy definitely. Great chime, very clearly defined tones. Neck was a bit fat on the back for me, but felt wide enough to play both leads and chordal work without any difficulty. Exceedingly resonant. I liked it a bit too much. The shop I go to has excellent prices. $1269. $200 cheaper than Musicians Friend. Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Not affiliated, just want someone else to get it before I do. Compared to a standard I tried, it was a bit more dimensional in tone. Very well done paint job. Cherry like yours. Couldn't find anything to bash on it really.

That's cool, I'm glad to hear you went back and played it. That is a good price too. My discount only got me to $1325 delivered, so your store is $56 better. Cool. Yeah, if you can restrain, it's probably a good idea. I'm a gear whore and the reality of how often I might pick up a 12 string had to be suppressed to make that purchase; but at least for now, I'm glad it's my new buddy. ;)

• Members

Certainly is unique. I can't recall ever seeing a 12 string SG in person.

HNSGD!
:thu:

TCHNGD7a1.jpg

Ah thanks cratz, I hadn't either before this. Thanks for the image. That particular picture always makes me think of another dimension in some parallel universe where GAS Men would be able to live long and happy lives without new guitars. :love:

• Members

That's cool, I'm glad to hear you went back and played it. That is a good price too. My discount only got me to $1325 delivered, so your store is $56 better. Cool. Yeah, if you can restrain, it's probably a good idea. I'm a gear whore and the reality of how often I might pick up a 12 string had to be suppressed to make that purchase; but at least for now, I'm glad it's my new buddy.
;)

There are a few things I'd like a 12 string for, but I think I'd want an acoustic (sounds fun with some old fingerstyle blues). They're addictive, and I'm sure I'll have one one of these days. The whole guitar vibrated when you played it though and sounded great through a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Got almost an organ sound with the tremolo. I'm happy with my gits though. Excited to update my LP friday with some Fralin Pure Pafs, cts pots and new .022 caps in 50's wiring. If I wasn't saving up to roadtrip around the US in September, I'd probably would have put a down payment on it.

• Members

One thing I was thinking about the other day is that it almost seems like you get a different effect between 12 string acoustics and 12 string electrics (and I don't mean that as a "no duh". But with the 12 string acoustics, they have bigger, fuller, louder tones (I used to think of them as the angels singing even with minimal skill or effort). An electric 12 string on the other hand sounds a bit more like a regular 6 string electric but with a harpsichord effect blended in. I wonder if anyone else can relate to that. :idk:

Archived