Found YouTube clip-Gibson RD-for those of you (us) that are interested in MF's SDOTD

GAS Man

• Members

Nice playing, horrible tone! Do not want if it sounds like that!

I was only paying attention to the first part. And I liked the vibey shimmering tone I heard coming thru. :thu: :thu:

That second part is just rude noise to my ears. I'm not into that type of tone. But I think the first part shows the guitar has a lot of potential.

Oh, and I like the 3rd part too.

I'll let you know first hand in a week what I think. ;)

• Members

dont worry. its just a slab of black wood w/a gibson logo on it w/white-bread burstbuckers. you want the amber one anyways.

did that help??

Haha perhaps. The thing that helped the most was it being sold out, in fact. That way, I still get to keep my $699 :idea:

• Members

sold out
:(

Sorry. They were hanging in there today a lot longer than I thought they would. I was beginning to think that maybe with the odd shape that they were going to make it past the witching hour.

Keep watching through the next week. There is a possibility they might do the amber next. But my guess is there was less demand for the ebony, hence the SDOTD treatment.

• Members

FYI, amber is now at $699 - today's SDOTD

I just tried to flip my order from ebony to amber. Just as I was talking to them on the phone (got my ebony canceled) and was ordering the amber she said it's on back order. :confused: I said, wait it says it's in stock. I refreshed the screen and she was right - it flipped that fast to sold out. :(. I may have also succeeded in knocking myself out of line for the ebony as well since my original order was canceled and now those showed as BO'd. She said she'll try to push the original ebony order back through. Well if I do lose my place in line, then that's just my karma - i.e. meant to be. :cool:

Funny though, usually they wait a few days (like a week or so) before offering up the next color.

But I picked a bad day to go to bed before midnight and to sleep in that extra half hour. :lol:

Archived