Buying a Gibson Les Paul...

steveyoorock

• Members

That's not true at all about MF. I've got 15-20% off without coupons at MF, m123, Sweetwater, etc. just by emailing or calling. They can do it if they want, it just depends on who you talk to when you contact them.

And as I said before, no one should ever have to pay MF, GC, etc. prices on a new Gibson. You should be able to get around 20% off without much effort (at MF or an independent store).

Pretty much this. When I bought my LP Standard back in '06 the price was $2000. I got it for $1800 at GC. Of course when I called a month or so later to buy an SG Standard and tried to get the same percentage off they wouldn't do it. The manager even told me I was lying about getting the LP Standard for $!800 even though I got it from the same store. Being called a liar marked the last time I shopped at GC, by the way. So yeah, they can move on price. Sometimes they just want to dicks I guess.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My LP Florentine shipped with some pretty bad wiring issues. It wasn't grounded. Other than that, it's a flawless guitar. I love it. I just got an ES-339, from the custom shop. The quality is amazing. I also have my USA Strat that I haven't had to adjust anything on in 6 years.

• Members

It wasn't a problem for me and took 15 minutes to fix all that stuff. Everyone likes their stuff set up differently anyways. That said, the poorly cut nut is pretty lame on an instrument at that price point. It would never stop me from buying a guitar that sounded and played great otherwise.

But what is a poorly cut nut? It's better that it be cut a little too high so a person can cut it down, rather than too low where it'd have to be replaced if a person wanted it higher.

• Members

Oh man. I really am hoping that I am able to get that price. Where did you buy the guitar? Did you have to haggle a lot?

Sam Ash in Tampa. They were on sale. Didn't haggle at all. Others have gotten similar deals.

Archived