Schecter players, join the SCHECTER SOCIETY!!

Mind Riot

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm new to the Schecter Society as of about 2 weeks ago. I got a C-1 Artist Limited from the Friend and I absolutely love it. Used it at my last band practice and thought it sounded great, awesome sustain, and stays in tune really well. Definitely a keeper for me.

• Members

Originally posted by twisterbret

Anyone own a Schecter Damien FR Electric.

I'm shopping around for my first guitar and this one stands out. What do you think?

DEFINITELY NOT

get the version that doesent have the Floyd Rose.

For a beginner that thing is just a NIGHTMARE to set up, and not something you should worry about. Ive had a couple students in the past want to quit because they were so frustrated with playing, but in reality it was all due to an improperly set up Floyd Rose.

They make a version of that guitar which is exactly the same, but minus the floyd rose.

• Members

Thank you!! I was looking at the non FR version as well. I was pretty torn. I think I'll be going the non FR version. I like the look of the string thru as well.

Thanks!

Originally posted by No Soul

DEFINITELY NOT

For a beginner that thing is just a NIGHTMARE to set up, and not something you should worry about. Ive had a couple students in the past want to quit because they were so frustrated with playing, but in reality it was all due to an improperly set up Floyd Rose.

They make a version of that guitar which is exactly the same, but minus the floyd rose.

• Members

I love the way teh Schecter guitars look, and I would like nothing more than to own a C-1 classic, but the fretboard just seems so small when I play it.

It's not like I'm coming from playing a baseball neck either, I have a MIM strat that is my only axe. Can any point me in the direction of Schecter's with larger frets or a larger fretboard?

Maybe its I'm not used to the 24-fret neck. I dunno...
I want to like them so bad...

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

DEFINITELY NOT

+10000

• Members

Originally posted by metalmania13

I love the way teh Schecter guitars look, and I would like nothing more than to own a C-1 classic, but the fretboard just seems so small when I play it.

It's not like I'm coming from playing a baseball neck either, I have a MIM strat that is my only axe. Can any point me in the direction of Schecter's with larger frets or a larger fretboard?

Hellraiser and Blackjack have Xtra Jumbo.

How is that Artist? How are the switching options?

• Members

Originally posted by metalmania13

Ultra Series have thick necks with wide boards and 22 frets. The fretwire is about the size of small speedbumps too!

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

A beauty, K4!!! I love the string through!
:thu:
And that black rawks!

Thanks...I have to say that I am enjoying it immensily. The fit/finish is fantastic, it plays and sounds great.

• Members

Does anyone know if there is a C-1 version that has a natural finish on the back of the neck?

I've played several with the paint and it was kinda fighting me, if you know what I mean. But I liked the rest of it. Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by UsrName

Does anyone know if there is a C-1 version that has a natural finish on the back of the neck?

I've played several with the paint and it was kinda fighting me, if you know what I mean. But I liked the rest of it. Thanks

the C1 exotic does.

• Members

Originally posted by UsrName

Thanks, have you played it? Could you tell me a bit more about the neck?

I own one.

Truth be told, Im a Gibson guy.

The Schecter C1 exotic just spoke to me.

The neck, and the entire guitar have a beautiful satin finish.

Gives the neck a pretty quick feel.

Id say the profile of the neck is right in the middle of the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived