Schecter players, join the SCHECTER SOCIETY!!

Mind Riot

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a C-1 Elite. I'll post pics later. It's a 2001 model I believe. I have Burstbucker Pro's in... and it sounds amazing. Most clips I post here on HC are done with that guitar. The coil-split is disabled. Not sure if that's cuz of the Burstbucker Pro's, or not, but I was going to have my tech disable it anyhow. If want LP sounds, I pick up my C-1 Elite. If I want strat sounds, guess what I pick up? My strat. Duncan Distortion in the bridge, (soon to be) duckbuckers in mid and neck.

• Members

Originally posted by george656

What are they talking about when they say that scale length is 25 1/2" Do they mean the scale length of the neck or the body?

Rudy D.

The scale length is the length of the string measured in a straight line from the nut to where the string contacts the bridge saddle, plus or minus a few sixteenths of an inch for intonation adjustment.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, I finally bit the bullet. I am now ready to join the SCHECTER SOCIETY. I picked up my new C-1 Blackjack last week, and I love it!

I am still a beginner, but I wanted a great electric for the price that would last me though the years, and I could not be happier.

I took it to my lesson last night and my teacher was stunned at the sound quality, workmanship, etc for the price I paid (new ~ 475 after package discounts)

Now I do have a quick question for the other SCHECTER SOCIETY owners. Is there anything I should do for maintenance? Wax? Fretboard oiling? etc? I thought I read somewhere that with rosewood fretboards, it was not necessary but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

• Members

I'll try and post mine soon. I only have a pic at work of one of my other guitars. Anyways.

I love my Blackjack 006. I was playing a Ibanez RG450. I don't even touch it anymore. I like every single thing about this guitar. The smoked chrome hardware, the grovers, the Duncans, The way the string go through the body, the neck, the sound, the color (looks just like that black C-1 above but with notched points on the body). Let;s see what else I can think of that I like about it. I like the way it sounds through my Mesa Boogie. Although I did find doing solo's was easier with my Wizard neck from the Ibanez I am getting used to this one.

• Members

I want a trans black C-1 like johnny toetags BADLY. I'm gonna have to go searching :) (good luck, eh?). I sold my C-1+ in black cherry and I miss it something awful! here are some pics (my camera is terrible):

body.JPG

full.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by droge

on the ESP board, there's a annoucement saying that Schecter is, indeed, a subsidary of ESP guitars--I kinda suspected that, now even more so, since the C1 is a virtual dead-ringer for the ESP Horizon or LTD H-series---hey, it's all good--I plan on getting one of the new Schecters w/ EMG pick-ups and Tone Pro bridges. i bet the Dean Vendetta shares the same lineage as the Schecters and LTDS/ESPS:D

And lok at this.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33038&item=7316148438&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The original one like this for Prince was a Schecter Custom Shop model.

How come there are no US Schecters???

• Members

I had an hour and a half tonight with all my guitars. Would play each one for 10 minutes or so then switch to the next and on down the line. I must say my $399 Schecter Gryphon felt and sounded better than my two strats, 2 LP's, 1 LP Double Cut,1 PRS C24, 2 Agiles, and a few cheapies. I love these type of sessions. I love all my guitars. Each feels and sounds different. But that darn Schecter seems to have a bit of everything that I like about the others.

Hitting the volume control buggs me about my strats along with sometimes being too twangy. My LP's are too freakin heavy and I don't like 2 volume controls. The PRS neck is too thick and wide for my hands. I can't find anything about the Schecter that bothers me. Light weight, perfect neck, great tone. I guess I need to buy another one.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

dude, that's a sweet guitar!! How do you like the piezo feature on it??? I tried one out just recently and came away rather impressed w/ it's 'acoustic' sound---it'd be hilarious to play it on a coffeehouse acoustic gig!!! It's that good!!!:D

• Members

Originally posted by droge

dude, that's a sweet guitar!! How do you like the piezo feature on it??? I tried one out just recently and came away rather impressed w/ it's 'acoustic' sound---it'd be hilarious to play it on a coffeehouse acoustic gig!!! It's that good!!!
:D

I've only used it once so far live and it did the job. The only thing that sucks is that the model I have doesn't let you shut off either by the toggle. I have to do it by the volume knobs.

Archived