This must be fake right...

quarky

• Members

The Lp in the OP isn't even a good/convincing fake. Also, LP traditional guitars do not come with a custom shop certificate of authenticity, as they are not made in the custom shop. My experience with the few fakes I have encountered was that they are pretty {censored}ty guitars (of course, I've only played 2), and you can do a lot better for the money from a company making LP style guitars under their own name (agile, etc).

• Members

You have to remember that the people that are making these are not trying to earn business based on the merits of their product, but by deception and illegal means to begin with. Why on earth would you think that they would care about anything other than looking similar to the product they are copying and give a half of crap about the quality. I could see things like bowed necks, green wood, really crappy electronics and parts and maybe even toxic chemicals in the paint. For that kind of money you aren't getting a product that is governed by any kind of regulating agency and you don't know what you are getting. My wife keeps up with a lot of the stuff made over there and you'd be shocked at the stuff that comes out that is supposed to be legitimate; I can't even fathom what the blackmarket would stoop to in order to save a few bucks.

By a frickin' Agile, it's a better guitar and backed by a company that cares about customer service.

• Members

A custom for $190? yea right

I'm fairly certain I ran across this {censored}er peddling this and other suspiciously low-priced "Gibsons" and "Fenders" on ebay last year, under the same username. The prices for "brand new" Les Pauls and Strats with all the case candy rang some warning serious bells for me.

• Members

Just out of curiousity (electric guitar noob here) what would be the difference between that fake Gibson, and say a similar Epiphone model?

Between a Chibson and a Epiphone, the Epiphone is probably the best choice. On this blog, you can see some x-rays of a few guitars, the Chibson have 144 holes for weight relief, while one Gibson have 7.

http://guitarra99.blogspot.com/2011/01/alivio-de-peso-ate-onde-podemos-ir.html

Sorry, the blog isn't in english, but the pics are good...

• Members

Looks like they're not so great at cloning afterall.. I've never seen the skunk stripe on the front before.

new-fender-telecaster-electric-guitar-e7

I love the fact that they took the time to use black dot markers on the 12th fret but white ones on the others :facepalm:

Archived