what is your take on this guitar

Guitarist+

• Members

Though you might occassionally luck out and find a GC that has a competent tech, in most cases youd be better off trying to do the work yourself even if your a total newb to such work imo. Except for the few good techs that do some work for a gc most of their employees including techs have less experience, knowhow & skill then their average customer imo.

• Members

Just to sand down a nut...?

There's more to it than that. You need to make the slots wider to accommodate the fatter strings. If someone says they can do it for twenty bucks, RUN!!! They're a hack. If you go to deep you end up replacing the nut. Then it's a 75 buck job that needs to be done by someone who knows WTF they're doing. Why not cough up the bones and have a good tech fix it up for you? Get the pup you want and have him to the whole job at once.

Then you can take it home and :rawk:

• Members

Do you like it? Because that's all that really matters. If you're looking to spend money, forums like these will spend you into the poorhouse. They'll either tell you that you have to buy instruments worth thousands to be any good, or that you have to have 900 different cheap guitars to "cover all the bases". Both are bull{censored}. Play what you like. Tell everybody else to {censored} off.

sig'd

• Members

You probably don't need a new nut. Just a tech that can set up the instrument for you. They can file the nut to accept the new string gauge. The only reason to need a new nut is if you decide to go back down on string gauge and the strings rattle in the oversized grooves.
The tuners are probably ok too. They likely need to be tightened. Also should be part of a setup.

I am missing two machine heads, I have to tune my G and E strings with a pair of pliers. Total pain in the ass.

• Members

It was mentioned that a lot of hyperbole was cooked up when this guitar first hit the streets and only one of them was sold. Is there possible collector's value down the road? I'd consider that before taking it to a twenty buck hack.

• Members

mom & pop store in my town had one a couple months back. Not sure if they still have it though and I don't remember how much he was asking for it. So those were actually sold by wal-mart??

yeah its wal-mart guitar

---

And also:

I took it to GC, got the input jack fixed, and instead of having the nut sanded I just decided to use thinner strings (I am now running .52-.10) and they fit perfectly

Next on my list: replace tuners

• Members

My take?

as a life-long resident of Orange County NY...and born and raised in Montgomery, just a couple blocks from them...

FUCK THEM AND ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

...that is all...

Don't hold back...Tell us how you really feel! :eek:

So, not really watching that program I always thought it was Orange County, CA. It's really NY??? :freak:

Archived