NGD TV Yellow Epiphone

canterbury

• Members

This is my new Epiphone Ltd Ed Special-I, this model was brought to my attention by Tweak'd's thread.

I didn't have a humbucker guitar and I was intrigued by the TV yellow option. My local GC only had one of them on display which happened to be in that same finish. I don't usually shop for anything solely on price so the fact that it was inexpensive was not the selling point. I wasn't going to buy it just because I thought it was pretty. I've also had enough of "project" guitars and I didn't want to have to replace everything on it. Obviously I liked it, hence the post.

Specs are Bass wood body, Mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard. Same pickups they use in most of their low end (650r, 700t). Despite being a bolt-on this is a very resonant guitar, I like that. Lots of sustain. Pickups sound good to me and the fret work is at least as good as my mexican fender. The only nit to pick is the nut, it binds on the g/b strings. I sort of expected that. So other than the graphtech nut I have on order I have no other plans to mod. So far its a pretty great inexpensive guitar.

p1020729o.jpg

p1020732c.jpg

p1020734u.jpg

p1020741tg.jpg

And a pic of the strat.

p1020748sm.jpg

• Members

Very nice. Lamb Chop gives a big 4 paws up.

Confession time. Thanks to Tweak'd high praise, I just ordered one in Worn Cherry. I had been trying to fight it for days, but finally broke down and ordered it tonight. GC online took $6 off, and through in $10 worth of strings.

• Members

Very nice. Lamb Chop gives a big 4 paws up.

Confession time. Thanks to Tweak'd high praise, I just ordered one in Worn Cherry. I had been trying to fight it for days, but finally broke down and ordered it tonight. GC online took $6 off, and through in $10 worth of strings.

:)

For the price this guitar is outstanding. For alot more money it would just be great... ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived