Gig report: Yesterday in the park (Anji cover)

Jkater

• Members

Yesterday, I played a solo gig of about 1 1/2 hour in the park of an old rather derelict castle in Germany. This is at the beginning of the gig so there wasn't a lot of people yet, it became a little more crowded later on. It went well. Pleasant as a whole, for me anyway... :)

[video=youtube;CT15Eu_FX1s]

IMG_0033.jpg

Most of yesterday, my head was less on this gig than on the significance of that day. i was deeply affected by that horrific event ten years ago. And thought of it all day. At around 2:45 p.m. Germany time, I was with three noisy kids so it was hard to keep a moment's silence but i thought of it.

• Members

Awesome! The sound of the running water gave it a really cool vibe.

Definitely, playing in an old castle is very cool too.

Richard that was great... loved it... i hope one day i get to see you play live

i really dig the groove/feel of your playing

Moi aussi. It would be a highlight :thu:

• Members

Thanks all! Much appreciated.

Here's another one from that day:

[video=youtube;mgrZAOpr2GM]

That's really great Richard! How do you find playing outside?

Thank you, Will. Playing outside, I've done it often. It's kind of different every time, I guess. For some reason, yesterday, my fingers felt "rubbery" for lack of a better word and it was distracting and unconfortable. Maybe because of the weather being very humid and a little cool. This was a moving crowd, especially at the beginning and that felt a bit impersonnal but then later more people gathered towards the end and were more responsive and friendly.

Archived