LP replacement for Iceman

samzadgan

• Members

So i've been toying with the idea of selling my ICT700 and getting an LP style guitar...doesn't have to be a gibson.

I want a replacement rather than an add on, so it has to be able to do what my Iceman currently does, and that good metal tones. But i also like the warmth of the LP guitars and the creamy blues tones that some of them achieve.

my first instinct is to go for an LTD EC401...something else with EMG pup's.

But any recommendations would be helpful.

rules: It has to be new...i don't really like buying second hand, and priced between

• Members

yeah i like a chunky neck too...i played a few of the l LP Studio's and they are on my list...but wasnt sure about the metal capabilities.

as for Explorer...when i was buying the Iceman, i also had the option of the ibanez destroyer as well...and opted for the iceman, destroyer was just too big for me. but i have also been toying with the idea of a flying v or explorer...but think they will be purchases later in life, to add to a collection rather than everyday playing.

• Members

I'll chime in.

I don't know about the Iceman, I've yet to play one. I DO like the EC series from LTD/ESP. But play one first, the frets on the ones I played are huge. If you are light on your fingers and/or like jumbo frets you'll get on fine with one I'm sure. They do get good metal tones.

The Agiles also seem to get a lot of love here at HC and other places. Frugal Guitarist review.

al3000bk1.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000prestthincsbf.html

Of course, all the LP's listed are LP-like in shape but not much else. But it sounds like that is what you are looking for. :idk:

• Members

Iceman-1.jpg

My Iceman has the best tone out of all my axes at the moment...(that may change when i get my Fireman back, or at least tie :))....but seriously, i mean thick juicy tone outta this thing man...sustain for days...cleans so nice and the Dimarzio D-Activators hit like a sledgehammer with the gain turned up...i like the tone more than my LP...JMHO

Archived