NGD! It's purple!

notjonahbutnoah

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had practice with her yesterday, I set the d tuna up and decked the trem. I kinda miss pulling up, but its fun to play with the tuna. (Someone should sig that last sentence, just sayin) But yeah, although I wasn't getting any buzz, the action really just felt TOO low. I guess I like higher action than I realiz. It was super low, though, the weight of a fly may have been enough to fret a note. Either way, raised it a tad and now its parfeck. Me likey.

Sweet!! That thing looks like a beast! HNGD!
:thu:

Thanks guys! It is indeed sweet and beastly.

• Members

Plus, iirc, back in the hurly-burly daze o' the '80's, the original Charvel apparently decided that trade dress be damned and used the Fender headstock anyhow.

Congrats to the OP!

(o)(o)

Yeah, Eddies had a Fender style headstock.

There's a sticker on the backs of mine letting you know just who the design b'longs to.

• Members

HNGD! This is giving me gas! Maybe I'll sell my Epi Les Paul and try to pick one of these up. I don't have experience with a FR though, how difficult would it be to adapt to one?

I down know how keen on that kind of thing you are, but it didn't take me any time really. I literally had no idea how they really worked until I tried out my white one in Sam Ash a few months back. They're not difficult, just different, and you hafta take a little more time. Watch youtube vids!

Heh, the Floyd actually kept me from picking the white one up to try when walking past in the store. Eventually I said "what they hey" and I still haven't looked back.

• Members

Dude, do yourself a favor, and pop over to a Sam Ash, just for {censored}s, and try one out. To me, they're a good blend of traditional and modern styling/appointments. The ones with the DiMarzios have a nice rounded tone as well, no JB's here.

No SA here, but next time I make it over to DCGL I'll check one out.

Archived