Fender Modern Player series

twotimingpete

• Members

Been doing some googling about these.

They are made in China. I suspect what's happened is these are made at the same plant as the Squier CV series. Pure speculation on my part, but I also suspect that these are actually what is becoming the "upper end" of the CV series. Maybe these were the next gen of the CV series and fender was like, hey, let's slap a fender decal on 'em and price 'em $100 higher.

Still liking those two dark brown teles though. If these things have a fat neck... I may have to get one.

EDIT:

Specs for the tele plus are here: http://www.fender.com/products/modernplayer/models.php?prodNo=0241102

Pine body :love: and that mini-switch is a splitter for the humbucker. Hmmmm.....

• Members

Been doing some googling about these.

They are made in China. I suspect what's happened is these are made at the same plant as the Squier CV series.

A member on TDPRI has a contact at the CV factory and has stated that these are being made in a different factory.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/293867-new-fender-guitars.html#post3615872

• Members

A member on TDPRI has a contact at the CV factory and has stated that these are being made in a different factory.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about Chinese manufacturing - only enough to say, that's interesting.

I'm really intrigued by that 3 pickup tele in "charcol" (looks brown to me, charcol implies a dark smoky grey to me)... that looks like a perfect pickup combination for a working mans tele. The only mod I might make is a push/pull on one of the pots to put the neck and bridge in parallel.

• Members

0241202539_frt_wlg_001.jpg

WoWZa! That's nice! I cant decide between the 2 thinlines, the sunburst or transparent black.

But what i really wanna see is the vintage white one! Where's the pics for that one? I think the white one could be for me, as long as it's got black p/gaurd, controls and pups - i'll be sold!

Archived