Haven't had the chance to do this yet so I'm stoke...N.A.D.

EricJohn

• Members

Special thanks to fellow forumite Mikenothing (Miguel) for trading with me. Traded the Dual Rectifier for a Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage II.

Had a chance to put it through its paces a bit and initial reaction is very good. It's a bright amp. Got the treble and presence knobs both really low and the tone knob on the Les Paul set right at about 4 or 5.

Tonewise, I'm really loving it. LOVE the midrange cut the amp has. It's a whole lot more smooth and focused for my taste than the Rectifier.

I think the effect loop is better on this one than the Rectifier. Doesn't seem to rob the tone as much. And I love the ability to switch the loop off.

Really love the 50/100w switches too. Nice to have that option without having to physically remove 2 of the tubes.

LOVE the layout of the knobs. I view this amp like 2 JCM-800's in one. The 1st channel has that classic plexi sound when set to crunch and channel 2 has that classic 80's hotrod tone.

The 2 button footswitch is perfect for me. 5 buttons was way too much on me.

Overall, I'm really liking it so far. Will be gigging with it on Saturday so we will see how it goes in a full band setting.

Archived