Jaguar vs Strat

Brother_Budro

• Moderators

My biggest problem with Jags was that it does weird things under distortion. I guess all the extra pinging resonating stuff does weird things to the guitar that kind of give it a weird edge.

A good number of people seek them out because of that. :cool:

• Members

But it's just not as versatile as a result, IMO. A Mustang, meanwhile, has no such weaknesses, and is easier to upgrade, due to standard Strat pickup dimensions.

Versatility isn't everything. I'd rather have a guitar that has a distinct, unique sound than a generic-sounding guitar. I mean I suppose if you're covering top 40 songs every night, it's good to have a generic tone. On the other hand, it might shake even those popular cover songs up and make them more interesting if you're using a more distinctive-sounding guitar.

• Members

My biggest problem with Jags was that it does weird things under distortion. I guess all the extra pinging resonating stuff does weird things to the guitar that kind of give it a weird edge. Besides, it's way too heavy for a short scale.

I do miss the guitar, though. It was a looker.

206949_888308879721_16667_41526570_36470

For some reason, red jaguars only seem complete when they have a matching headstock.

• Members

My biggest problem with Jags was that it does weird things under distortion. I guess all the extra pinging resonating stuff does weird things to the guitar that kind of give it a weird edge. Besides, it's way too heavy for a short scale.

I do miss the guitar, though. It was a looker.

206949_888308879721_16667_41526570_36470

That's one hot Jaguar.

• Members

Jazzmasters have more pedigree, though, as much as it pains me to admit it.

I like them better, but I'd really like a Jag to go along with it. Of course, the one I'm interested in is the Classic Player HH, which isn't exactly "classic." I loved it, though.

Archived