PRS SE Torero

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

As are ALL of the PRS SEs.

Not personally big 'bout Floyds and EMG (-style) pickups ... but if you are and you have one of these, I imagine you'd be golden.

I can feel myself slowly falling into the EMG shadow as I'm getting more bass's to work on and a few custom build requests, so....we'll see;)

• Members

Still have one of the earliest Santanas (flat-bodied, SG cherry, currently on long/semi-permanent loan to an acoustic pal who doesn't have an electric but ought to) and it's FAKKIN LAVLY -- adore that wide-fat neck profile! The stock PUs were BLAH, so it's currently wearing a set of Kent Armstrong HB-sized P90s ...

It's like a nice double-cut LP Special with a VERY stable and reliable Strat trem ... and it brings that Townshendy Woodstock/Leeds/IoW soundage ...

• Members

^^^

After playing nuffin' but Strats for a coupla months (wonder why?), I recently picked up my JD Tele and its early-50s styled neck felt MASSIVE ... and it also sounded unbelievably brash and explosive after the more refined Strat tonalities.

• Members

Strange I'm noticing neck thickness less and less these days.....

I don't have any trouble playing it, but most of my other guitars are fatter neck Gibsons, and it's a pretty big contrast. I just prefer fat necks. The Torero is going for the shredder market where thin necks are more common I guess.

• Members
Hmmm, I had a Tremonti SE that was massively underwhelming:idk:, but I love the SE Soapbar models, and I have a permanent search on Ebay set for an SE Korina

Someone here had a Korina and put in brushed nickel Duncans that looked fantasmic... His was perfectly matched.

I did get one a while back that was not as well matched, but I really like the singlecut SE's. I've got a couple, I really love the wide/fat necks. They are perfect.

IMG_0309.jpg

• Members

i had a quick fiddle with one at a shop once and it was way nicer than i expected it to be. It didn't feel like a 'student edition' guitar. There's a couple of really non PRS things on those Toreros, 25.5" scale, neck through, EMG's and a Floyd.

Archived