Modded my new American Standard Strat

Flatspotter

• Members

As threatened, I modded my recently-purchased Blizzard Pearl American Standard Strat. All the plastic parts were changed from white to black, and the pickups were replaced with a Kinman Blues set. The Kinmans sound killer, as usual. I haven't A-B'ed the Blues set with the Mark III set in my '57 RI, but they sound like a Strat, except no noise.

While I was at it, I replaced one of the tone controls with a neck blender pot. There is now a master volume, master tone (no load), and a blender pot (also no load).

This guitar looks so much better in black!

Before:

StratBPcouch.jpg

After:

StratBPblackcouch.jpg

• Members

Colourwise, it now looks remarkably like the 1979 25th anniversary edition ... hopefully it sounds and feels a lot nicer!

I was thinking the same exact same thing, except on my side of the pond, I was thinking that colorwise...(we lazy sods even take spelling shortcuts).

I think I like the original scheme better, but not by much. The mods definitely give it a more unique look (and probably much better sound).

• Members
I was thinking the same exact same thing, except on my side of the pond, I was thinking that colorwise...(we lazy sods even take spelling shortcuts).

I think I like the original scheme better, but not by much. The mods definitely give it a more unique look (and probably much better sound).

I hadn't thought about the similarity to the 25th Anniversary. Maybe I should get a big ugly "Anniversary" decal for it! :D

I wouldn't really say it sounds a lot better; the Fender pickups sounded great. It's just dead quiet now.

Archived