Pics of my Tele assembly. Butterscotch and black.

seven58

• Members

Here are some pics of a tele I just put together. All of the parts except for the neck I got from Guitar Fetish. The off center Thomsas sticker (The engine is actually named Percy) on the headstock was placed there by my oldest son several years ago when the neck was on another guitar. I changed the tuners to Sperzel style locking that you see now. I'm happy to say that it plays really well. The body is very light and made from Paulownia wood.

tele_build_2b-2.jpg

tele_build_1.JPG

tele_build_2.JPG

tele_build_3.JPG

tele_build_4.JPG

tele_build_5.JPG

tele_build_6.JPG

tele_build_7.JPG

My youngest son.

tele_build_8C.JPG

• Members

Thanks everybody. The pickups are GFS Lil' Killers - hot wound. I had them in another build. They sounded really full for a rail pickup in the other guitar, which was also a tele style, but denser wood. I haven't gotten to push them through an amp at volume in this set up yet to see what the lighter paulownia wood does to their tone.

• Members

Thanks everybody. The pickups are GFS Lil' Killers - hot wound. I had them in another build. They sounded really full for a rail pickup in the other guitar, which was also a tele style, but denser wood. I haven't gotten to push them through an amp at volume in this set up yet to see what the lighter paulownia wood does to their tone.

You mean Lil' Punchers don't you? Killers wouldn't fit in with 3 screws.

• Members

Never get tired of seeing a cool looking Tele.

A few years ago, I went through a time in which I was all about some Teles, but while I still have a couple and dig them, the infatuation passed. I just happened to catch the body on a blowout several months (maybe years) ago and finally decided to do something with it. This is the third Tele I have put together. Putting this one together reminded me and made me appreciate the simple beauty of them again.

Archived