NGD SX Furrian or SXquire

canterbury

• Members

I was a little hesitant in picking up one of these cheap Furrian Teles from Rondo. I have been pleasantly surprised though. Played with it for a couple weeks to see if the neck agreed with me, I like it and the fretwork is very good. The stock pickups were just ok, wanted to replace them but thought I'd take the opportunity to try something different. SD Little '59 in the bridge, replaced the pots with CTS and wired a USA 3 way for series/split/parallel. I taped off the neck pickup route to approximate the esquire look, haven't decided what color guard to get. I will probably replace the tuners and nut at some point, they're not great but they are working so far. Anyway, check it out!

img20111227182332.jpg

img20111227182343.jpg

• Members

It looks like the switch plate is crooked but otherwise it looks fine. They now have a semi-hollow tele with an ash body for $99.95. You would have a hard time finding just a body for that price, so for a starter guitar, something different than what you have or the basis for something you want to modify, they are almost impossible to beat.

Archived