Looking For An Electric Guitar Book/DVD. Any Suggestions?

Jimmy25

• Members

Hey Everyone! I'm planning on using the little limited budget that I've saved up to purchase an electric guitar book/dvd. Until now, I've done some learning and gladly became an intermediate player from pretty much gathering all the sources and lessons I could find on internet (mostly JustinGuitar/Youtubers like Marty). Now I'm at a point where I'm a bit lost and stuck. Therefore, I decided maybe it's time to put in some money to buy an electric guitar book/dvd that could give me a clear direction and perhaps lead my way in the guitar journey. So.. What Would Be A Good Electric Guitar Book/DVD You Guys Would Suggest Me To Buy? (Book/DVD That Is Purchasable From Internet And Shippable To My Area [Thailand, Bangkok], Could Be Used.)

PS. I've had private lessons with a few guitar teacher long time ago when I first started, but really, after I got the basics down, I found it much more effective and faster when I decided to do self-learning. Unfortunately, guitar teachers around my area just aren't very good. More importantly, my parents are on a limited budget, purchasing a guitar book/dvd at this point sounds more like an actual plan for us, even used ones, I don't mind as long as it's readable/viewable.

BTW. Here Are The Things That I Already Know:

All The Notes On The Neck (Octaves) ; Barre Chords (CAGED System) ; Power Chords (Palm Muting) ; Triad Chords (Not familiar with all shapes but understand how it works) ; Some Finger Exercises (Building finger speed & power) ; Playing With Metronome. (Building skill on timing) ; Techniques (Minimum Movement;String Bending;Rolling;Vibrato;etc) ; The Major Scale (All Five Positions) ; Minor&Major Pentatonic Scale (All Five Positions) ; Improvisation With Backing Track Using Different Licks (But not so creative). Playing Songs At My Level.

What Kind Of Music I Play? Blues, Funk, Rock. NO Heavy Metal.

Any Reply Will Be Highly Appreciated. THANK YOU. =D

• Members

Chord Chemistry

http://www.amazon.com/Chord-Chemistry-Ted-Greene/dp/0898986966

and

Paul Gilbert: Intense Rock, Vol. 1 and 2

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Gilbert-Intense-Rock-Vol/dp/0739040375/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1326291808&sr=1-1-catcorr

Those two alone will give you stuff to work on for the next few (and likely more) years.

Another great lesson is presented here,

[video=youtube;jE0qLKHnflo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE0qLKHnflo

and part 2

[video=youtube;GI1gpDEt4Eg]

practice makes perfect.

• Members

I've had that book for a few years, it's excellent actually. Combine it with the other two and you'll have your hands more then full. One bit of advice on the Gilbert DVDs. I think one is better off watching all of both discs on the first pass, then setting down with the lessons one at a time. That way you have a good idea of where things are headed.

Great book though, Vernon Reed credits it with revolutionizing his playing.

bf5fb220dca0f35276e07010.L.jpg

Archived