recommendations on a good / reasonable priced h s s pickup set?

valued customer

• Members

got a few bargain strats that could use this. usual suspects don't seem to have these as sets?

if not a set, a combo you recommend?

-- balance and versatility more important to me than Classick strat toanz...

Any and all ideas welcome... has anybody made the gfs lipsticks work in this setup?

thx!

• Members

Ok, I have some Dimarzio Areas (61 and 58) in the mid and neck of a pretty Ibanez SA260, along with a 36th Anniv PAF in the bridge. It's a very nice, utterly noiseless pup combo. If I had it to do all over, I'd put Area 58s in both the neck and mid (for greater 'quack') and keep the 36th (which is, hands down, the sweetest non-original PAF I have ever, ever heard).

Do there you go: Area 58s and a 36th Anniv PAF. That's a very badass set that will yield all kind of styles, from the 50s up to present day.

• Members

thanks for the idears I've got 2 strats w rose pu's -- mariposas and hermosas (love em both, tho nod to the hermosas). I just got a tele with a dimarzio fast track t in the bridge which is quite smoove...and I'm liking noiseless ness more than I thought I ever did. so the dimarzio option sounds very tempting again, thx!

Archived