My Kurt Cobain "Signature" Mustang arrived today!

honeyiscool

• Members

Honeyiscool -- from that pic, looks to me like you're a pretty small guy; guess that explains why you especially like Mustangs and the vintage-style necks. Unfortunately, I tend toward the other end of the size spectrum (at least in girth, if not necessarily in height), and as much as I want to love mustangs and jags, they necks always feel like toys in my hands. Unfortunately, that means I'm pretty much limited to a JM if I want an offset (which I do).

However, that's my problem -- not yours. May you have the joy of your new Mustang!

:thu:

• Members

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a small person with skinny fingers. I like tiny necks. Jazzmasters are fun. I had a full scale Jagmaster. Didn't really feel like 9 pounds to me, they have excellent weight distribution.

Certain Jaguars have bigger necks. The HH Special, for instance, has a pretty hefty neck on it.

• Members

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a small person with skinny fingers. I like tiny necks. Jazzmasters are fun. I had a full scale Jagmaster. Didn't really feel like 9 pounds to me, they have excellent weight distribution.

Certain Jaguars have bigger necks. The HH Special, for instance, has a pretty hefty neck on it.

Yeah -- but it's also an HH, and I really want to get a good surfy tone from a guitar that looks like that!!! I'm not exactly sold on most Fender HBs I've played. The last one I played that I really dug was a tele custom I sold in 79 because I was young, stupid, and about to get married....

• Members

Yeah -- but it's also an HH, and I really want to get a good surfy tone from a guitar that looks like that!!! I'm not exactly sold on most Fender HBs I've played. The last one I played that I really dug was a tele custom I sold in 79 because I was young, stupid, and about to get married....

The HH Jaguar Special has a very weird pickup in it, the Dragster. It's very mellow, extremely low output. I think it'd sound great for surf.

CP Jazzmaster, then?

• Members

Perhaps. Right now, I'm waiting for some new strat pickups from Ken -- I'm gonna upgrade an old strat clone I have -- and them I need to think about what to do with a boutique-y speaker (Fane AXA12) I just traded a DeArmond for... Perhaps after that, I will be able to consider new acquisitions!

Archived