What's Your Favorite Looking Electric Guitar?

Jimmy25

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what I would like to have
:)

fender.jpg

Seriously, what is the deal with the Fender builder application on their website? Is it just to tease us or is it actually possible to order a custom guitar?

Awesome ! :love:

That with a 7th string and I'd be all over it!

• Members

This is what I would like to have

fender.jpg

Seriously, what is the deal with the Fender builder application on their website? Is it just to tease us or is it actually possible to order a custom guitar?

Not a Fender, but I bet you could get a Carvin Bolt spec'd just like that

• Members

@Armyguitar,

it's actually very much like a Charvel So Cal, but the necks and fretboard on those guitars are hideous IMO, and maple is the only option..

As for Carvin Bolt , I saw a youtube review of one the other day, the reviewer says they ship unfinished, terrible fretwork, and that their customer support "sucks donkey's balls" :)

Anyway, I'm just daydreaming, I live in Europe and having a custom Carvin or Fender or any American made guitar made specifically for me would be way too expensive..

• Members

@Armyguitar,

it's actually very much like a Charvel So Cal, but the necks and fretboard on those guitars are hideous IMO, and maple is the only option..

As for Carvin Bolt , I saw a youtube review of one the other day, the reviewer says they ship unfinished, terrible fretwork, and that their customer support "sucks donkey's balls"

Anyway, I'm just daydreaming, I live in Europe and having a custom Carvin or Fender or any American made guitar made specifically for me would be way too expensive..

Are you talking about the old guy that was reviewing his Bolt? I just picked up my first Carvin, a Bolt, used from one of the members. And I can tell you it is one well built guitar. There are quite a few Carvin guys on here that will tell you the same. The only real gripe I hear is that the pots and wiring is iffy. But I can tell you first hand that my Bolt is top notch! Oh and I am in Europe as well.

• Members

Are you talking about the old guy that was reviewing his Bolt? I just picked up my first Carvin, a Bolt, used from one of the members. And I can tell you it is one well built guitar. There are quite a few Carvin guys on here that will tell you the same. The only real gripe I hear is that the pots and wiring is iffy. But I can tell you first hand that my Bolt is top notch! Oh and I am in Europe as well.

Yeah, I guess it's the same guy...Off to the Carvin website now to check what they have, thanks! ;)

• Members

In order:

1) Gibson Les Paul Jr./Gibson Melody Maker in sunburst. Something about the one pickup configuration just makes them look awesome to me. My favorite looking guitars

1955-les-paul-junior.jpg

2) Rickenbacker 620 in Natural

scaled.php?server=62&filename=rickenback

3) Any of those older Gibson ES-335 in a darker brown finish

1974-Gibson-ES-335-TD-Walnut-Brown.jpg

• Members

ibanez_sm.jpg

Y'know the Ibanez Destroyer is my favorite model ever but it's too bad for me none of the ones they ever made seem to look perfect to me. This one for example is sparkle black, I don't like sparkles much. Other models have 3 pickups, or weird bridges, they just don't look that good.

• Members

The surf green strat wins. I'm such a sucker for that color.

I have to agree,still regret selling this 1 but I am pretty happy with my sunburst Strat :)

251647605_o.jpg

I need to take better pics of it yet...

002.jpg

I love SG's and honey burst LP's to....

Archived