My new family picture + cat!

honeyiscool

• Members

I figured my crop of instruments hasn't changed in a while, and I'm really happy with what I have, so I should take a picture.

img0342ie.jpg

What's interesting about this picture, aside from Butters crashing it, is that the guitars I use the most are the most prominently featured. I'll just go over them one by one.

1. Squier Badtz-Maru Bass - My oldest instrument in this picture, I've had this bass since the beginning. Not much left is stock, and I just love the sound so much. I just can't get this sound from any other bass, and I've gotten so used to how it sounds and plays that other basses just tend to suck for me.

2. Daisy Rock Retro-H Deluxe in Ruby Sparkle - Has the distinction of being the only guitar in this picture whose pickups are completely stock. Very awesome, mellow sound. I put a GraphTech bridge on it and changed the pots around a bit.

3. Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang - My newest 6-stringer, this is the guitar I never knew I needed. I was thinking about getting a Cyclone, but this is actually the guitar I wanted, and I'm so glad I finally have a short scale with a humbucker. Awesome for the stage.

4. Fender Mustang '73 Reissue in Competition White - My baby. I think even in a crowd of otherwise beautiful guitars, I think she's the prettiest, and what a perfect sound and feel this guitar has! A bit temperamental with the wiring job I gave her, but still perfect for recording and performing if I'm not going to be thrashing the guitar (Cobain's for that!).

5. Squier Hello Kitty Stratocaster, Pink - I used to like the black one more, then I put that Seymour Duncan Custom in this one, and now I like this one more. I guess sometimes it's all about the pickups.

6. Aria Pro Cardinal Series Bass - This is the Kim Deal bass, what she would have played on Come on Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa. Cool little bass, with the unusual 32" (medium) scale, has an interesting sound. I put the same Lace Red Sensor I have in the Bronco Bass in this one, but it doesn't have the same rich sound here. Still interesting sound, though, very aggressive.

7. Squier Hello Kitty Stratocaster, Black - Used to be my favorite guitar, then I did a pickup swap and put another pickup in it, and I still love playing it, since it plays fantastic. However, I like the pink one more now. Has GraphTech saddles.

8. Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster - I feel bad because this is a seriously awesome guitar but I really have no time for it. However, I've modded it to be extremely useful, so I can't ever really sell it, since it's the only guitar that does Strat tones out of my pile of guitars. But it's like this picture says, it's completely overshadowed by my other guitars. That said, because it's a looker, I'll give this one its own picture:

img0354bu.jpg

Note to self: Stop being lazy, install the couch cover properly.

• Members

It's a big day out for cats when guitars start getting moved around. Mine likes my cases the most.

Hey honey, can you tell what you dig about the jags in comparison to a strat as I have not spent much time on jags? I like the blue one.

• Members

It's a big day out for cats when guitars start getting moved around. Mine likes my cases the most.

Hey honey, can you tell what you dig about the jags in comparison to a strat as I have not spent much time on jags? I like the blue one.

I don't have Jags, I have Mustangs. I've had a handful of Jags, though, they're great guitars, as long as you don't mind holding 9 pounds on your shoulders.

I like Mustangs because of the shorter scale, superior upper fret access, the offset waist making it more comfy (for me), and lighter weight. I also have always just preferred two pickups over three. They're just really fun guitars to have, I feel like they just drop right into everything I'm doing.

Archived