What pedals for a gig worthy and budget conscious pedal board?

elsupermanny14

• Members

So here is what I hope can be a fun thread. What pedals would you choose for a budget friendly pedal board? Please let's stick to the term budget (aka cheap/poor/broke/whatever else you want to call it). So if you found a rare boutique pedal for $120, that does not count. The cheap price has to be accessible to everyone, so again, if you found an amazing deal that others could not get it does not count.

What would you choose?

Here is what I'm thinking so far:

DigiTech Bad Monkey OD

DigiTech DigiDelay

MXR 6-Band EQ

...and I'm out of ideas haha. I'm excited to see how many different options you guys come up with.

• Members

So here is what I hope can be a fun thread. What pedals would you choose for a budget friendly pedal board? Please let's stick to the term budget (aka cheap/poor/broke/whatever else you want to call it). So if you found a rare boutique pedal for $120, that does not count. The cheap price has to be accessible to everyone, so again, if you found an amazing deal that others could not get it does not count.

What would you choose?

Here is what I'm thinking so far:

DigiTech Bad Monkey OD

DigiTech DigiDelay

MXR 6-Band EQ

...and I'm out of ideas haha. I'm excited to see how many different options you guys come up with.

Well, what the heck are you trying to play with it? Type of music? Type of guitar? What pickups in said guitar? What amp?

• Members

Well, what the heck are you trying to play with it? Type of music? Type of guitar? What pickups in said guitar? What amp?

Nothing in particular. I just wanted to see what people's imaginations could come up with. Make it suitable to your own style if you would like.

• Members

Well then for versatility on a budget with individual boxes instead of a multi unit, go ahead and keep the 3 you have listed. They're solid enough. I would also suggest a wah. Standard crybaby or whatever. Maybe a phaser.

Delay, OD, and an EQ makes for a pretty darn versatile setup. Add a wah, and you can do most genres with only very extreme exceptions.

• Members

Get an MXR Classic Overdrive (whenever Guitar Center gets these GT-OD repaints, they're under $40), a Danelectro Fab Delay, and a Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ. You can run your amp a little dirty, use your volume for clean, and kicking in the OD will give you enough gain for most situations. The only effect you really need is some delay, and I'd just use the EQ as a solo boost. That gives you three pedals for about $100. All you need is the patch cables and a scrap piece of plywood to put them on, and you're gig-ready.

• Members

I have a Vox AD50VT, but I still use a few pedals for variety and because the Vox only allows you to save two settings. I have a Daddy-O, an old MXR Phase 100, and a really old Ibanez Analog Delay that keeps on ticking. That gets me through a lot, and I could probably use it through any amp and survive the night. I also have a Zoom GFX-1 that I love to take to jams.

• Members

Boss tuner, you can use it to power your other pedals, when you use a boss power supply for it. Also, I enjoy the silent tuning and the muting can come in handy at gigs.

Wah

I like to use a small multi for time based fx only, which is great for switching, saves you some tap dancing. Also, I set different delay patches that would be impossible to tweak quickly on the dd3. Then I have room for a several flavors of dirt pedals......

Bad monkey, ts9, ds-1, MT2.

I do have a boss ch-1 and a DD3, and prefer them to the multi, so I use them when I don't need extreme changes quickly.

• Members

Boss tuner, you can use it to power your other pedals, when you use a boss power supply for it. Also, I enjoy the silent tuning and the muting can come in handy at gigs.

this was a great selling point for BOSS tuners back in the day. now there's the One Spot, and you can daisy chain whatever you want, as long as it's 9v.

• Members

garagetone drivetrain-better than a bad monkey, and many ts types, has excellent VS buffer $50

danelectro TOD-solid pedal that does the tranny thing $50

rat2 -doesnt have the chip! but sounds lovely -$70

GFS Brownie out of production, but has The Chip! and turbo rat+rat circuits in 1 pedal $50

biyang compress x- very quiet dyna-ross clone made with quality parts - $50

biyang fuzz star-tweaked Big Muff clone $50

joyo ultrimate drive-OCD clone $30

Archived