Telecasters with humbuckers

Henry Path

• Members

Good God those are some great looking Teles!

What's the bridge on the pink one? I've never seen a Bigsby like that. Is that a lipstick pickup underneath the normal bridge pickup?

Thanks for the kind words.

What you're looking at is nothing more than a Bigsby B16 with a Fender Custom Shop Nocaster pickup. The B16 is rather unique, in that it comes with a compensated aluminum floating bridge. Certainly not for everyone, it sits really high and makes one's tone extra bright and jangley.

• Members

The paint job makes the toanez soar!

Actually the etched aluminum alloy guard on the Moollon Narcis NC actually shields a tad from hum, all while taming a bit of the highs on the one-piece ash body. The overall tone is certainly Telecaster, but with a little less twang I guess you could say it sounds slightly more "modern".

No less than 5 of that model were made before all Moollon Custom Shop models were discontinued in late 2010. I'm just borrowing it for the time being. :p

• Members

scehcter1.jpg

I have a new PT I got earlier this year (scratch & dent) from MF, and it's pretty much monopolized my guitar stand since -- replacing my modded 09 MIM tele and Godin LP-P90 in my affections. I can tell you that to my ears, the bridge with the coil split up is as close to the "classic" tele bridge tone as you really need to get. I think it's the fact that it's directly mounted to a big, heavy metal bridge that does it.... Anyway -- if you're looking for strat tones, I suggest you do get a strat OR get a nashville-style tele. I think other than that, you're not going to find a tele that's more versatile than your PT.

• Members

I thought the Schecter PT came stock with coil splits. pull up on your tone knob.

It does, yeah, but there's no independent coil split. It's both single or both HB. I think I'm nit-picking, anyway; it really is a very versatile guitar - just slightly difficult to play.

• Members

I have a new PT I got earlier this year (scratch & dent) from MF, and it's pretty much monopolized my guitar stand since -- replacing my modded 09 MIM tele and Godin LP-P90 in my affections. I can tell you that to my ears, the bridge with the coil split up is as close to the "classic" tele bridge tone as you really need to get. I think it's the fact that it's directly mounted to a big, heavy metal bridge that does it.... Anyway -- if you're looking for strat tones, I suggest you do get a strat OR get a nashville-style tele. I think other than that, you're not going to find a tele that's more versatile than your PT.

Has that got Schecter's Super Rock pickups in? Mine have "Duncan Designed" on them...

• Members

Has that got Schecter's Super Rock pickups in? Mine have "Duncan Designed" on them...

The former (Schecter Super Rock II). Don't know what (if any) the difference is between "super rock", "super rock II" and the DD pickups. All I can say is that the ones in mine are very musical and give me a wide range of tones.

• Members

The former (Schecter Super Rock II). Don't know what (if any) the difference is between "super rock", "super rock II" and the DD pickups. All I can say is that the ones in mine are very musical and give me a wide range of tones.

Mine is an older model with the Duncan Designs and I would describe them much the same way bsman described the Super Rocks.

f29a012d.jpg

Archived