Anyone here using Eleven Rack?

rog951

• Members

Went to Gearfest at Sweetwater Friday, and Saturday. It was on sale for $679 with Protools included. Sat, and listened to Neil Zaza play it for an hour. Great player, did not care for it. The Van Halen, and metal stuff sounded really good but, that was it.

• Members

I thought the Twin and the clean SLO models sounded pretty good on youtube, but it sounds like you didn't get along with the clean tones much in person? I did notice that some of the presets were a bit heavy-handed in their use of effects...which I know happens a lot in boxes like these for some strange reason.

• Members

No, not impressed with the cleans. The "some gain" classic rock tones not only didn't sound good, at volume, it hurt my ears. Neil was at the back of the room, and we were facing a projector screen, showing what another guy was doing on the computer. 3rd guy was giving the presentation. So, they start with a clean sound, and reamp. When they got to the part where they added the tube screamer, I almost raised my hand and asked, what if you hate tube screamers?

Agian, Neil was awsome. Also very nice guy. Here he is with son.

P1060820.jpg

• Members

I've been using one for a couple years now. For what I do, home playing, recording, it is fantastic. I would love an AXE-FX, but I'm not really a tweeker and that is where the eleven rack shines. I really love the fact that I can record a track and then go back and endless re-amp until I get a tone I really love. I started out using ProTools, but since I switched to MAC, I have been using it with Logic and it works very well.

• Members

, but I'm not really a tweeker and that is where the eleven rack shines. I really love the fact that I can record a track and then go back and endless re-amp until I get a tone I really love. I started out using ProTools, but since I switched to MAC, I have been using it with Logic and it works very well.

I ordered an 11R from ProAudioStar off ebay. I did the "Make offer" thing with them, we went back and forth a few times and I think I ended up getting it for $669 and they threw in some kind of cable. They're supposed to be an authorized dealer so fingers crossed there! I verified that the expansion pack was pre-installed.

Do you really think the Fractal box sounds that much better? Judging only from youtube demos (and yes, I understand the limitations in that approach) I almost feel like I tend to prefer the 11R sounds I'm hearing. But if Bob411 up there is covering his ears in pain, I'm a little afraid of what I'm going to hear when I hook up my new toy! :D

Like you, I don't want endless tweakability - I end up wasting too much time in the menus. I just want about 10 easily-selectable good guitar sounds...oh, and a lightweight rig for the crappy bar gigs I play. I might miss the pitch FX though. We'll see.

Archived