Incoming NGD (2): Yay Canada...

grunge782

• Members
Yep that demo is what sold me, P-90's rule, but I'm still a humbucker guy. Godin pickups are okay, but once I throw in my
SD Custom Custom
it'll really rip
:thu:

I've got one of those on my desk right now awaiting a ceramic magnet. As it comes stock I'd call it right up there with the worst pickups I've ever used.

• Members

I've got one of those on my desk right now awaiting a ceramic magnet. As it comes stock I'd call it right up there with the worst pickups I've ever used.

Assuming you're talking about the CC, I would agree, it's not for me at all. On my list of things to do is to pull one back out of a Jackson DK2S and give it the heave-ho right out of my house. But I'm a home hobbyist/solo player so I need the full range of highs and lows. I could see that if I was a high gain player going for "the brown sound" to cut through the mix, why the CC has a pretty big group of followers. But I prefer cleans to edge of break up. I'm no EVH and never will be. Too slow, too old, too close to be cold. :D

• Members

Assuming you're talking about the CC, I would agree, it's not for me at all. On my list of things to do is to pull one back out of a Jackson DK2S and give it the heave-ho right out of my house. But I'm a home hobbyist/solo player so I need the full range of highs and lows. I could see that if I was a high gain player going for "the brown sound" to cut through the mix, why the CC has a pretty big group of followers. But I prefer cleans to edge of break up. I'm no EVH and never will be. Too slow, too old, too close to be cold.
:D

Huh, well that is kinda disappointing. I've tried the SH-5 and it sounded a little thin. I like my pickups really loose and fat sounding, is the CC not?

Archived