Is this a bad trade?

doppelbanger

• Members

A guy on craigslist has an older peavey classic 5O for trade and I offered him any combo of the following: vox ac4tv, fender suPer champ xd, mi audio crunch box, mxr carbon copy, and a current version proco rat. He said he would trade his amp for all of it. I personally think that is a little much but wanted to know what you guys thought. I might consider a different trade offer but he doesn't seem to want to sell it, only trade. The only one of the pedals I really like is the carbon copy. So what should I do?

• Members

On the one hand: Classic series, well regarded amps for a reason. On the other: Do you NEED 50 watts? If you don't, wait until a better deal pops up on a Classic 30, there's plenty around.

On the OTHER other hand, I just bought a 50w Epiphone So-Cal that I have NO, ZERO, NADA practical use for so what do I know? :idk:

• Members

Those go for $400-$450.

I would do the XD and maybe one pedal. Figure a $450 trade value.

That sounds right.

But it just depends on what you need. A C50 is a gig worthy amp, with great clean and crunch. You could tour with that thing. Built tough, and always sounds great. IMO, you can't do better, for those bones. You could play that thing the rest of your life and not be held back.

An amazing pro amp for dirt, IMO.

• Members

I'd pass. I have used my Super Champ XD over a 2x12 cab for gigs. If you don't need the headroom, a used Classic 30 will do fine, and be cheaper.

If you want a no compromise amp, with powerful cleans at any volume and great tube crunch, the C50 is a obvious choice.

I own and love my Classic 30, but it doesn't fit your needs.

• Members

A guy on craigslist has an older peavey classic 5O for trade and
I offered him
any
combo of the following
: vox ac4tv, fender suPer champ xd, mi audio crunch box, mxr carbon copy, and a current version proco rat. He said he would trade his amp for all of it. I personally think that is a little much but wanted to know what you guys thought. I might consider a different trade offer but he doesn't seem to want to sell it, only trade. The only one of the pedals I really like is the carbon copy. So what should I do?

If you think this is a bad trade, then why did you offer it in the first place?

Archived