My Dimarzio Journey

The Rossness

• Members

Though not a big sample size,I recently swapped out the Air Zone in my Yamaha Pacifica 612v for an AT-1 and rather like the results.Even though similar spec wise,I find the AT-1 to have better cut and single note definition,while still retaining the classic DiMarzio midrange voicing.Btw,the Air Zone is F-space open coil and the AT-1 F-space nickel cover.

Ed

• Members

Checkout the DiMarzio Gravity Storms, I have them in a swamp ash super strat body and they sound amazing. Nice well defined bottom end, even with lots of gain, warm mids and highs that cut thru the band mix, even with a loud drummer, the highs are fat, not shrill at all, highly recommended. Both the neck and bridge pickups have nice frequency response in the swamp ash body. Hoped that helped.

• Members

I've got a Fast Track 2 with is apparently similar to the Super 3. It really kicks ass in metal territory. Also have a Morse model bridge, which is versatile as hell and makes pinch harmonics insanely easy. Can't really go wrong with Tone Zone/Air Norton, but I imagine Norton/Air Norton would be a good setup as well. Actually, I always wanted to try the PAF Pro and judging by descriptions might be what you're looking for.

*edit* I see you have one in there already :D I think Paul Gilbert ran a PAF Pro/PAF Pro setup back in the, might be worth a shot to see if you like it in the bridge.

• Members

I first tried a Dimarzio Super D in 1980. Went through about 100-200 pickups/guitars since yet keep coming back too the super D in both the neck and bridge as well.

Lots of definition,bite and authority just like I always remembered.

Roll the volume down and ye olde bad ass tones abound easily imo.

• Members

I've never been a fan of the Tone Zone. The Air Norton, however, is my favorite neck pickup. :love: I think it matches well with the Evo2 at the bridge, but if you don't like that, can't go wrong with the Super D. :cool:

Traditionally, I've always liked Dimarzio neck 'buckers (Air Norton, Blaze) and Duncans for the bridge (JB, Distortion, Custom Custom), but it seems like it would be blasphemy to interbreed them. :o

• Members

I've never been a fan of the Tone Zone. The Air Norton, however, is my favorite neck pickup.
:love:
I think it matches well with the Evo2 at the bridge, but if you don't like that, can't go wrong with the Super D.
:cool:

Traditionally, I've always liked Dimarzio neck 'buckers (Air Norton, Blaze) and Duncans for the bridge (JB, Distortion, Custom Custom), but it seems like it would be blasphemy to interbreed them.
:o

I plan on pairing a Norton bridge with Pearly Gates neck in the near future.. interbreeding ftw.

Archived