Need help identifying guitar

Pepsi

• Members

I found this guitar next to the dumpster. I'm sure this is not a vintage guitar or anything like that, but I have never heard of Harlan(?) guitars nor can I find any info about them.

Anybody know anything about them?

100_0283.jpg

100_0282-1.jpg

• Members

It's a cheap Japanese guitar from the '70s. I've seen a guitar exactly like that (but with no brand on it) before, and it looked and felt like most other MIJ stuff from the time period. You probably can't find Harlan because the factories that made those guitars got rebranded with a ton of different names. If someone knows what factory it was made in, you can probably find out more about it, but old, cheap, Japanese guitar is all you really need to know.

Edit: Yeah, jtr has a point, it could also easily be from the late '60s. Either way, it's somewhere around 40 years old.

• Members

Okay thanks everybody.

Well whatever it is, it's always nice to find a new guitar by the dumpster!

Yep!!! finding a guitar by the dumpster was pretty exciting!

It definitely needs some work but the neck is straight and the body looks fine, so it should make a fun project guitar to mess around with

• Members

Well whatever it is, it's always nice to find a new guitar by the dumpster!

It's been a few years, but, there were a couple of posts here in HCEG where members found complete guitars in street-side rubbish bins / piles. One person found a perfectly good green Dearmond bass that was covered in grime and another person found a "well worn" red early '60s Gibson SG inside its original flimsy Gibson hardhell case.

Archived