Ever go through phases where you don't want to listen to music?

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I'm at work, I always have some music playing; generally Internet streaming stations via Screamer Radio or my own genre/artist playlists from my portable hard drive. Same story at home when I'm not watching TV or playing guitar. I sleep with instrumental jazz / ambient on very low volume every night.

In the car, I listen to a lot of sports talk on my daily commutes, but listen to lotsa music on long trips.

Short answer: no.

• Members

I take breaks and then will hear a song that will get me back on the listening trail. My older brother by 7 years who is a vinyl collector and started as a kid molded most of my influences from the British Invasion bands to Motown then I got into heavier bands on my own as a teen like Sabbath-Queen and Zep. The funny thing is that my brother really cutdown bigtime on listening to new bands by 1990 which I found odd and never thought it would happen to me but by 2,000 90% of what I listen to is from the 60's-70's and 80's. I hate to say that I became like my parents lol but I find todays music scene abysmal and not much true talent out there songwriting wise at all. At least being a guitarist I can still appreciate some good young players that are out there.

• Members

I rarely listen to R4 anymore, as I went from wanting to stab Norman Tebbit to wanting to stab John Humphrey's.....{censored}ing self seeking pompous c?nt:angry:

Women's Hour just makes me:rolleyes:

I could think about listening to the afternoon play at work maybe, but current affairs broadcasting is mainly cock where the broadcasters seem to have disappeared up their own arses, eg Robert Peston, Rory Cellan-Jones, Stephanie Flanders and a few more I can't be bothered to look up, and R3 and Classic FM make me want to buy a Colt 45 and shoot my radios, and the doctors sound system, and only Planet Rock needs to be on my DAB presets, although I like R6 every time I listen to it.

Generally when I can't listen to anything, I can listen to Zeppelin or Floyd later and earlier respectively.

I may just have to go into the CD archive (cardboard box in the garage) and look long and hard

PS. I forgot Nick "Self Important Over Opinionated Smug C?nt" Robinson
:)

think BBC is bad at home?

Try watching the PC BBC World Service where the cult of personality outweighs any pretence at responsible journalism.

thanks to whoever streams music on cable.

Archived