Led Zeppelin are going to be on Letterman tonight

theManfromAlabam

• Members

Okay, I re-watched it on the clip above.

Obviously you folks jumping on Dave just have a thing going on for him to begin with.

He starts off with 1:10 of nothing more than paying reverence for the band, and then repeatedly exults their status as legendary throughout the 14 minute interview.

When he refers to John B., as in "and then the drummer dies" he was obviously speaking in a story book reading fashion. Although the majority of us here may know John Bonham by name, the majority of Dave's audience at home does not. Remember John Bonham drank himself to death at the age of 32 in 1980. Almost half of our population wasn't even born yet. Then later on when he talks about the reunion concert he is obviously very familiar with the fact that "John Bonham's son Jason" sat in for him on the drums, so he obviously knew the drummer's name since he was poised with that detail. And more importantly, it was obvious that Jimmy, John, and Robert were enjoying the interview.

Sometimes I do get a bit weary of Dave's drool sense of humor, but I'd still much rather watch him interview than listen to the sophomoric frat-boy innuendos from Leno.

Touche_Turtle.jpg

• Members

+1. Also, I think Ringo Starr might have something to say about who is the most famous drummer of all time.

I was just talking about this with my brother. He reckons Keith Moon and Ringo Starr are more famous. He's probably right actually. Still though, Bonham's probably the 3rd most well-known, and he's certainly the most influential/respected ROCK drummer of all time.

Archived