Gas'n For A Trussart DeLuxe Steelcaster

Bbreaker

• Members

What does he call that @ 0:07 a Rust-o-matic? icon_lol.gif

Haven't you been GAS'n over one of those for some time now?

But IIRC, you have one Trussart already?

Well, you'd better get going on those "Custom kitchen deliveries, move those refrigerators, and move those color TV's and plunk it down.

I'll be somewhat jealous, but I'm such a gear whore, the cheap sluts do me fine wink.gif

• Members

I was letting that vid run while I was looking around at other stoof on der webs, and really, I'm not hearing the best of Tele tones. But that might be that odd choice of amp.

I certainly get the attraction to the Trussarts, but I guess I'd rather plunk down the money on the best Swamp Ash Tele the Fender Custom Shop has to offer. Something where Abbie wound the p'ups herself.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
I was letting that vid run while I was looking around at other stoof on der webs, and really, I'm not hearing the best of Tele tones. But that might be that odd choice of amp.

I certainly get the attraction to the Trussarts, but I guess I'd rather plunk down the money on the best Swamp Ash Tele the Fender Custom Shop has to offer. Something where Abbie wound the p'ups herself.
I've been wanting a Tele style Trussart ever since I acquired his Steel Deville and Steelphonic models. I found both used and in great/pristine shape.
I can't afford the rock star price tag of these new but found a supposed clean DeLuxe Steelcaster with a B 16 Bigsby used. Gonna check it out today.

I'm sure Abigale is basking in her renewed popularity.
Like PAF's, Fender p/u's of that era vary and now have that mystical history.
Anyway, here's a more Tele sounding demo of Trussart's Steelcaster guitars............

• Members

Back in the 90s a guitar shop in Berkeley had Trussarts . They had lots of really nice custom pieces but
the staff hated the Trussarts . I thought they were really interesting so tried a few. Yep , sounded like crap.

I can see people getting one for the art piece angle but dont buy one for tone.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat View Post
Back in the 90s a guitar shop in Berkeley had Trussarts . They had lots of really nice custom pieces but
the staff hated the Trussarts . I thought they were really interesting so tried a few. Yep , sounded like crap.

+1 Trussarts sound about .000001% as cool as they look.

• Members

I guess it's an acquired taste.
I've played few Trussart Tele knockoffs.
Some I hated, most I liked.
I've been put off by the new price of Trussart guitars.
I try to find clean used ones that I can afford.

BTW, I pulled the trigger on a used Trussart DeLuxe Steelcaster w/a Bigsby B 16 trem today.
It's similar to this look but mine has a trem, Tele neck p/u, f hole and large pick guard.
Pics soon.................

jamestrussarthumbuckertele.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat View Post

Like all guitars out there, you need to play 'em before you buy.
I currently own 3 James Trussart guitars and they're great instruments.
About 5 years ago, I played a Steelcaster and was really turned off by it's sound. I'm glad I didn't judge the line by that experience.

Many, many years ago, I played a pristine real 1960 cherryburst Les Paul Standard. I was jazzed by the opportunity. In that sitting I couldn't believe how I was disappointed in how that LP sounded. Later I checked out this very played '55 Gold Top LP and was floored by it's tone and feel.

Ya gotta try guitars out before you make a blanket judgement.

I don't have deep pockets to buy art.

Archived